Age of Redemption
|Age of the Imperium||Age of Rebirth - The Forging - Nova Terra Interregnum - Age of Apostasy - Age of Redemption - The Waning - Time of Ending - Age of the Dark Imperium|
The Age of Redemption is a period in the history of the Imperium starting at roughly 020.M37 and ending at 034.M38. It followed the catastrophic period in Imperial history known as the Age of Apostasy.
The Age of Redemption was a period of fierce religious fervor in the Imperium. The Imperial Cult grew in power as never before and enormous numbers of suspected Heretics were rounded up and executed. Crusade after Crusade was launched to recapture the squandered wealth of the Imperium lost in the Age of Apostasy. However as the fervor peaked and these many wars of faith were launched, large numbers of worlds were left with inadequate defenses and Imperial Guard Regiments and Space Marine Chapters were increasingly drawn into longer and more terrible crusades. The result would be a period known as The Waning in which the military forces of the Imperium, exhausted by long Crusades, found themselves unable to defend against the encroachment of Orks, Chaos insurgencies, and internal strife.
- ??? - The Benedictine War
- 020.M37 The Great Cull: The High Lords of Terra order a systematic extermination of large numbers of Imperial worlds suspected of heresy.
- 321.M37 The Abyssal Crusade: Saint Basillius declares that 30 Space Marine Chapters are found wanting in the eyes of the Emperor. The Space Marines concerned embark on a penitent Crusade into the Eye of Terror to cleanse the worlds consumed by the birth of Slaanesh.
- M37: 7th Black Crusade
- M37: 8th Black Crusade
- 1: Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook, pg. 124
- 2: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), pg. 8