|Tank --||Super Heavy Tank - Heavy Tank - Grav-tank - Battle Tank - Tank Destroyer - Air Defence Tank - Armoured Personnel Carrier - Artillery Tank - Siege Tank|
Battle tanks are heavy armed and armoured vehicles designed to fight both infantry and vehicles/tanks. Quite often they have a rotating turret.
Imperial battle tanks are constructed on forge worlds, and most use designs that are thousands of years old. Other races have their own methods of construction. A notable race are the Orks, who construct their tanks out of the wreckage of other races' war machines.
Battle tanks are normally used to supplement infantry actions, using their heavy weapons to wipe out troops and engage other vehicles. Sometimes battle tanks will be used alone, such as in environmental conditions that an infantryman couldn't survive.
Battle Tank Types
- Leman Russ Battle Tank 1
- Leman Russ Conqueror
- Leman Russ Demolisher 1 (also serves as a Siege Tank)
- Leman Russ Exterminator 1
- Leman Russ Executioner 1
- Leman Russ Eradicator 1
- Leman Russ Punisher 1
- Leman Russ Vanquisher 1(also serves as a Tank Destroyer)
- Hellhound 1 flame tank
- Devil Dog 1
- Bane Wolf 1
- Falcon (also serves as an Armoured Infantry Vehicle)
- Fire Prism (also serves as an Air Defence Tank or Tank Destroyer)
- Codexes of the Imperial Guard, all editions
- Codexes of the Space Marines, all editions
- Codexes of the Eldar, all editions
- Codexes of the Orks, all editions
- Codexes of the Tau, all editions
- 1: Codex: Imperial Guard, p. 48-50