Warhammer 40,000 (2nd Edition)
| Attention Adept of the LEXICANUM!
This article is being created or revised.
|Designer||Rick Priestley, Andy Chambers|
|Preceded by||Rogue Trader|
|Followed by||3rd Edition|
The second edition Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook was published in 1993 as a softcover book and was included with the second edition starter set. Its companion books (Warhammer 40,000: Wargear (2nd Edition), Codex Imperialis, Codex Army Lists) were devoted to background, wargear and army lists, while the Rulebook detailed how to play the game. It contains 8 pages of full-colour images in the centre, a weapon summary and quick reference sheet at the end. The combat rules and shooting were identical to those of Necromunda. The much more complex nature of the rules meant that games were intended to be played on a much smaller scale than the current Warhammer 40,000 rules.
Authors, Artists etc
During the production of this book, the following persons were involved considerably.
- Authors - Rick Priestley, Andy Chambers
- Box Art - John Blanche
- Rulebook Cover Art - John Sibbick
- Artwork - John Blanche, Wayne England, Dave Gallagher, Jes Goodwin, Mark Gibbons
- Other Artwork - Paul Bonner, Stephen Tappin, Adrian Smith and Kevin Walker
- Production - Carl Brown, Alan Merrett, Lindsey D le Doux Paton, Simon Smith
- ISBN Unknown
- Product Code 0151