1st Kronus Regiment
The 1st Kronus Regiment, nicknamed "Liberators", was an Imperial Guard Regiment. It was founded on Kronus sometime during the 41st Millennium, created on the spot from ground forces under the command of General Lukas Alexander, who had been sent to capture or kill Farseer Taldeer.
Regimental History & Battle Honours
|This page contains spoilers for:||Dawn of War: Dark Crusade|
Arrival on Kronus
When the scale of the war on Kronus became apparent, Lukas Alexander was named Governor Militant of Kronus by Segmentum Command. The 1st Kronus Regiment made landfall on the remains of the old Imperial city of Ironworks Bay, which was made the new planetary capital by Alexander and renamed Victory Bay in anticipation of his great victory on Kronus. An ancient Hellstorm Cannon, part of the Horus Heresy-era Imperator Titan Aquila Ignis, was found there by Magos Explorator Gaius[1a] and other Techpriests accompanying the Regiment.
Confrontation with the Blood Ravens
Brother-Captain Davian Thule, commander of the Blood Ravens on Kronus, demanded that the regiment would leave the planet. Alexander however, under orders from his superiors, refused. Both forces would meet again in a bloody struggle for the control of the planet.
They were eventually wiped out by the Blood Ravens in the battle at Victory Bay.
Build-up of the regiment
Due to the high possibility of facing Eldar forces, it appears that the force Alexander brought with him was far larger than a normal Imperial Guard Regiment (also considering that it's losses were well over 2000 men) and incorporated both armor, infantry, Ogryn auxiliaries, and Kasrkin commandos. Techpriests travelled with the army as payment for the ability to study the Hellstorm cannon near Victory Bay.
- 1st company: Infantry company. It defended south-east of Victory River when enemy forces invaded Victory Bay.
- 2nd company: Mechanized company, led by Captain Vash. He created hunter squads which successfully exterminated the Orks on the Green Coast. This company also contained Ogryns.
- 3rd company: Nicknamed the ‘Daemon Killers’, they fought in the Deimos Peninsula against the Chaos forces of the Word Bearers. The company was created with men drawn from the Cadian 15th Regiment.
- 4th company: Fought the Necrons in the Thur’Abis Plateau. 2nd and 5th platoons were wiped out during the fighting in the catacombs.
- 5th company: Defended Victory Bay. They rebelled during the assault on Victory Bay after Commissar Gebbet and his Ogryn Enforcers were killed.
- Governor-Militant Lukas Alexander, commander of the regiment.
- Captain Gregor Vash, commander of 2nd company. He was promoted to colonel and commanded the 1st Kronus Regiment after the Regiment's victory on Kronus.
- Regimental Commissar Anton Gebbet.
- Father Martel, Lukas Alexander's personal confessor.
- If the Imperial Guard captures the Blood Ravens' stronghold in North Vandea, Alexander's men will find several artifacts revealing disturbing facts about the Blood Ravens' past.
- If the 1st Kronus Regiment wins the Dark Crusade, Lukas Alexander is made Planetary Governor, granting him a large power base on the Eastern Fringe. The 1st Kronus Regiment, led by the newly promoted Colonel Gregor Vash, is shipped off to other warzones.
- If the Blood Ravens defeat the 1st Kronus Regiment, they will ship the survivors off the planet (after executing 5th company for betraying their superiors). Bitter members of Segmentum Command will later bring this case under scrutiny of the Inquisition.
- 1: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade - Real time strategy game by Relic Entertainment.
- 1a: Archive screen for Pavonis province