The Angels Vermillion are a Successor Chapter of the Blood Angels. While most successors of the Blood Angels maintain close ties with one another and their parent Chapter, the Angels Vermillion have resolved to bear their curse alone.[6a]
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Angels Vermillion shun all contact with their brother and parent Chapters, and bear their curse in solitude. While Imperial Records of the Chapter's exploits since the Second Founding have been nothing short of exemplary, one wonders about the cause of their self-imposed exile from their brethren, and whether it is simply a shame that must be endured alone, or something darker.[4b]
The 9th Chapter of the Blood Angels Legion was known as the Angels Vermillion. Elements of the Chapter participated in the Scouring of the Nostramo Sector, led by Praetor Kaelon until his death at Sothis in 017.M31 and thereafter by Praetor Sargan Varsaris. They discovered the crashed Shroud of Eventide, vessel of the Captain Ophion of the Night Lords on Kalleth, salvaging it and renaming it the Crimson Intent in 020.M31 in preparation for the coming edict of the Second Founding.
The Angels Vermillion have earned numerous honours in the service of the Imperium, but are rarely seen fighting in the same war zone as the Blood Angels, or any of their parent Chapter's other successors.[6a]
- 017-020.M31 - Scouring of the Nostramo Sector (as 9th Chapter of the Blood Angels), claimed the Crimson Intent
- 7252.777.M41 - Achilus Crusade (1 company)
- 992.M41 - Battle of Hollonan, answering Mephiston's call for aid as a tendril of Hive Fleet Kraken descended upon the world.[4a]
- Pre-998.M41 - The Order of the Argent Shroud attacks the Chapter's forward bases under the leadership of Canoness Dissenta.
- Kaelon - Praetor of the Blood Angels' 9th Chapter
- Sargan Varsaris - Praetor of the Blood Angels' 9th Chapter
- Surrufus - Veteran Assault Sergeant
- Scipio - killed on vigil with the Deathwatch[6b]
- Surrufus - Rhino of the Assault Space Marine Squad. Named in honour of Veteran Sergeant of this squad.
In How to Paint Space Marines, however, the chapter is depicted in the scheme used by the Angels Encarmine: vermillion coloured armour with a yellow chest eagle, black shoulder pad trims and backpack.
- 1: Codex: Angels of Death (2nd Edition)[Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Blood Angels (3rd Edition)[Needs Citation]
- 3: Web archive of the Armageddon3 website - Details of the Third War for Armageddon Worldwide (Saved archive page, dated 24 Sep 2005, last accessed 13 July 2015)
- 4: Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition)
- 5: Deathwatch Core Rulebook, pg. 339
- 6: Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter
- 7: How to Paint Space Marines, pgs. 77 and 82
- 8: Codex: Blood Angels (7th Edition), (E-Book), Successor Chapters - Angels Vermillion
- 9: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 19
- 10: The Horus Heresy Book Six - Retribution, pgs. 130-139