Apocalypse Class Battleship
The Apocalypse has no other primary armament than its lance batteries and its mighty Nova Cannon. However, despite its seemingly limited armament it is able to reduce enemy ships, from escorts to large capital ships, into blazing hulks within a frighteningly short period of time.
The Apocalypse has a small weapons battery on its dorsal section, and banks of lances down the port and starboard hull. Normally the weapons batteries would be used to collapse the shields of an enemy ship, before the lances rip into the ship directly. Instead, the Apocalypse uses its Nova Cannon - capable of obliterating whole squadrons of escorts in a single shot - when closing in on the enemy.
Notable Notable Apocalypse Class Vessels
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic Armada, pg. 12
- 2: Battlefleet Gothic Resources: Armada Appendices, pgs. 130-131 (accessed 2010.12.08)
- 3: Battlefleet Gothic Resources: Ships of the Gothic Sector, pg. 124 (accessed 2010.12.20)
- 4: The Sabbat Worlds Crusade (Background Book), [Needs Citation]
- 5: The Chapter's Due (Novel) by Graham McNeill: Chapter Five, pg. 62