Arks Mechanicus are incredibly large, nigh-mythical ships that are said to endlessly search the stars as part of the Adeptus Mechanicus's Quest for Knowledge. Led by a Venerated Archmagos Explorator, they track down any hint that may lead to the Holy Grail of the Cult Mechanicus: a working Standard Template Construct.
Filled with the best technology that the Adeptus Mechanicus can create, the weapons of an Ark Mechanicus are stronger and longer-ranged than even Imperial Battleships, and their defenses are significantly stronger. An Ark Mechanicus class vessel is equipped with a Nova Cannon, four Lance batteries, and two Weapons Batteries. This makes these rarely-seen ships truly mighty opponents on the rare occasions that their journeys are interrupted by battle.
- Ark Majesty
- The Caestus Metalican
- Omnissiah's Victory
- 1: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=&catId=cat1290319&categoryId=1100007&aId=4300022 Battlefleet Gothic Resources: Ships of Mars (source is no longer active, last accessed 2010.11.30)
- 2: Priests of Mars (Novel) by Graham McNeill, Chapter 1
- 3: The Beheading (Novel) Chapter 5
- 4: Baneblade (Novel), Epilogue
- 5: Shadowsword (Novel), Chapter Three