Autocannons are usually either mounted on weapon carriages or vehicles because of their great weight.
Due to their high rate of fire and sufficient killing power, they are effective against large infantry formations and light armored vehicles. This makes them ideal for use against large Tyranid organisms and Orkish vehicles. They are also useful against heavy infantry such as Space Marines, although their power armour has been known to stop autocannon rounds.
Autocannons are used by the Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Witch Hunters, and Chaos Space Marines. Orks in particular enjoy using autocannons because of the prodigious noise and recoil produced by firing them.
- Syrtis Pattern - Used on the Predator Destructor
- Agrippina Pattern - Used on the Salamander Scout Vehicle, ammunition for this smoothbore gun is fed automatically through a four-round feeding tray, the ammunition for which is dropped into the tray by hand. Includes recoil dampener and electronic sighting and rangefinding.
- Cthon Pattern - Used by Terminators during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy
- Reaper Autocannon - Twin-linked pattern used by Chaos Space Marines
- Hades Autocannon
- Accelerator Autocannon
- Icarus Autocannon
Famous Autocannon users
Catachan Jungle Fighters with an autocannon.
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, pg. 82
- 2: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear, pg. 34
- 3: Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 68
- 4: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 81
- 5: Nightbringer (Novel) by Graham McNeill, Chapter Eleven, pg. 169
- 6: GW Website Havoc
- 7: Imperial Armour Volume Five - The Siege of Vraks - Part One pg. 97
- 8: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition pg. 29
- 9: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition) pg. 82
- 10: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy pg. 131
- 11: The Horus Heresy Book Three pg.119
|Slug-Throwers||Stub gun • Hand Cannon • Stub Rifle • Heavy stubber • Shotgun • Ripper Gun|
|Auto Weapons||Autopistol • Autogun • Autocannon • Assault cannon • Macro cannon|
|Ork||Grot Blasta • Slugga • Shoota • Big Shoota • Supa-Gatler • Gigashoota|
|Eldar||Shuriken Weaponry • Shrieker Cannon • Death Spinner • Shadow Weaver|
|Dark Eldar||Splinter Pistol • Splinter Rifle • Splinter Cannon|
|Tau&Kroot||Kroot Bolt Thrower • Kroot rifle • Kroot hunting rifle • Kroot gun • Rail Rifle • Railgun|
|Melee Weapons||Chainsword • Chainfist • Combat Knife • Force weapon • Lightning Claw • Power axe • Power fist • Power sword • Power Maul • Thunder hammer|
|One-Handed Weapons||Bolt pistol • Hand flamer • Plasma pistol • Inferno Pistol • Graviton Pistol|
|Two-Handed Weapons||Bolter • Combi-weapon • Flamer • Meltagun • Plasma gun • Grav-gun • Shotgun • Sniper rifle • Storm bolter|
|Heavy Weapons||Assault cannon • Autocannon • Heavy bolter • Heavy flamer • Lascannon • Missile launcher • Multi-melta • Plasma cannon|
|Grenades||Frag grenade • Krak grenade • Melta bomb|
|Melee Weapons||Chainsword • Combat Knife • Hunting Lance • Power Weapon|
|One-Handed Weapons||Bolt Pistol • Laspistol • Hellpistol/Hotshot Laspistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Two-Handed Weapons||Lasgun • Flamer • Grenade Launcher • Hellgun/Hotshot Lasgun • Lascarbine • Long-Las • Meltagun • Plasma Gun • Shotgun • Sniper Rifle|
|Heavy Weapons||Autocannon • Heavy Bolter • Heavy Flamer • Heavy Stubber • Lascannon • Hotshot Volley Gun • Missile Launcher • Mortar • Ripper Gun • Grenadier Gauntlet|
|Grenades||Frag Grenade • Krak Grenade • Melta Bomb|