Battlefleet Gothic Armada
Battlefleet Gothic Armada is a book released by Games Workshop in 2003 for the specialist game Battlefleet Gothic. It contained rules for every Warhammer 40,000 army not featured in the Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, and also had new rules for existing Battlefleet Gothic armies. The book also contained background and scenarios for the Third Armageddon War and the 13th Black Crusade.
The majority of the book's contents are available for download on Games-Workshop's official website.
The book introduced new fleets for the Imperial Navy, which are Armageddon, Bastion, Cadia and the Reserve of Segmentum Obscurus.
This book also collects the various rules on the many different fleets so that gamers could officially use them:
- Battlefleet Armageddon
- Imperial Bastion Fleet List
- Battlefleet Cadia
- Segmentum Obsuras Reserve Fleet List
- Codex Astartes Space marine Fleet List
- Chaos 13th Black Crusade Fleet List
- Later Gothic War Eldar Corsairs Fleet List
- Dark Eldar Pirates Fleet List
- Ghazghkull's Ork Waaagh! Fleet List
- Necron Harvest Fleet List
- Tyranid Vanguard Fleet List
- Tyranid Hive Fleet List
- Tau Kor'Vattra Fleet List
There are two new campaigns introduced in Armada:
- The Third Armageddon War
- Abaddon's Thirteenth Black Crusade
Battlefleet Gothic Armada is currently distributed in a split (and incomplete) version on the GW site.
- Imperial Fleets: holds pages 11-34
- Traitor Fleets: holds pages 35-48
- Xenos Fleets: holds pages 49-70
- Necron and Tyranid Fleets: holds pages 71-94
- Tau Fleets: holds pages 95-112
- Armada Appendices: holds pages 129-160
- Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, the core rulebook