|Typical Warrior||Basic Data||Rune Symbol|
|Meaning||Rebirth of Ancient Days|
|Current location||Southern Rim|
|Main colours||White, green|
|Favoured unit||Aspect Warriors, Exarchs, Avatar of Khaine[2a]|
|Speciality||Destruction of colonies|
BackgroundChamber of Heroes where the spirit stones of dead Aspect Warriors are placed. Farseers often come to this room to consult the dead on courses of action.[Needs Citation]
As well as their traditional colours of green and white, the forces of Biel-Tan sport patterns of dark thorny ivy.[2c]
When the Eldar of Biel-Tan go to war they assemble a warhost known as the Bahzhakhain, which means "Swordwind" or "Tempest of Blades". The Swordwind's tactic is a single, swift strike taking the enemy by surprise.[2a] This tactic works considerably well with the elite fighting skills of the many Aspect Warriors eliminating the enemy before they can respond. The Biel-Tan therefore make perfect use of the speed and maneuverability of the Wave Serpents and Falcon Grav Tanks.[Needs Citation]
The main target of the Biel-Tan are non-Eldar colonists, particularly non-Eldar occupying Eldar Maiden Worlds. It is especially galling to the Eldar who created these paradise worlds from dead worlds to find them overrun with inferior species. The Eldar of Biel-tan believe the success of other alien races is a threat to the future progression of the Eldar empire. For this reason, the Biel-Tan particularly hate the Orks, Orks being a completely expansionist race, whose occupation of a world quickly becomes permanent. In many cases, Biel-Tan have helped Imperial forces that were under heavy attack by Orks and to hunt down Ork Roks before the tide of Orks can overrun a planet.
The Swordwind even possess a vehicle that is unique to Biel-Tan. It is a super heavy grav tank called a Void Spinner, which is armed solely with a huge monofilament cannon that works just like any other monofilament weapon except that it incorporates a techno virus that sterilizes the ground that it touches. This makes it extremely useful against the Orks due to the Ork's spore-based method of reproduction, preventing further re-infestation.[Needs Citation]
The symbolic rune of Biel-Tan stands for reincarnation, a fate previously thought reserved for every Eldar before the Fall. The rune roughly translates as Rebirth of Ancient Days, reflecting the intention of the Craftworld to see their former empire restored.[2a]
Notable Biel-Tan Eldar
- Farseer Macha, who came to Planet Tartarus with a small Eldar force to ensure that the ancient artifact called the Maledictum was left undisturbed.
- Autarch Mauryon, a militant commander who leads campaigns to purge non-Eldar presences from Exodite Worlds and Maiden Worlds.
- Avele Swifteye, Duke of Asteri Reach, is a Corsair from Biel-Tan. He supports Biel-Tan's policies in protecting the Maiden Worlds as well as showing mercy towards human colonists once they surrendered.[2b]
- Farseer Tyladrhas, known for leading a Biel-tan warband against an Ultramarines force.
- Farseer Anath'lan, a legendary Seer.
Notable Campaigns and Battles
- The Battle of Rasilena
- The Battle of Geminex
- The Battle for Verimox II
- Lammas Campaign
- The Scouring of Gnosis
- The Battle for Orar's Sepulchre
- The War for Tartarus
- The Baran War
- The Battle of Duriel
- Hive Fleet Leviathan
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
- 2: Codex: Eldar (4th Edition)
- 3: Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition Rulebook (1998), pg. 21
- 4: Swordwind: The Baran War (saved archive page, dated Jun 2012, last accessed 5 August 2015)
- 5: Codex: Eldar (6th Edition) (Ebook) pg.22
- 6: Howl of the Banshee (Audio Drama)