The most renowned world of the system is Cadia, from which the Imperium guards the surrounding area against the forces of Chaos that dwell within the Eye. Its defence is vital for the survival of the Imperium.
Before the 13th Black Crusade in 999.M41, the Cadian System was composed of ten planets. During the conflict, Cadia, Macharia and St. Josmane's Hope were destroyed. Man y worlds of the Cadian System were assaulted following the destruction of Cadia itself, but the Great Exodus of Cadians helped defend many of them.
Planets of the Cadian System
- Cadia - Fortress world and lynchpin of the sector; Recently destroyed in the 13th Black Crusade.
- Kasr Holn - Fortress world. Defended by Space Marines reinforcements during the 13th Black Crusade.
- Kasr Partox - Fortress world; Overwhelmed by Chaos forces and target of Dark Eldar slave raids during the 13th Black Crusade.
- Kasr Sonnen - Fortress world; Site of Chaos victories during the 13th Black Crusade.
- Korolis - Producer of promethian weapons grade atomic materials.
- Macharia - Militarised hive world; Destroyed during the 13th Black Crusade - left its orbit and fall to the sun.
- Prosan - Military training ground due of its hostile environment.
- Solar Mariatus - Provider of war material.
- St. Josmane's Hope - Military prison. Destroyed during the 13th Black Crusade.
- Vigilantum - Naval training world; Overwhelmed by Chaos forces and target of Dark Eldar slave raids during the 13th Black Crusade.
- Kalisus - ice moon and furthest planet of the system
- 1: Codex: Imperial Guard (2nd Edition), pg. 11
- 2: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), pg. 24
- 3: White Dwarf 287 (UK), pg. 38
- 4: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook pg.50
- 5: Cadia Stands (Novel) by Justin D. Hill, Part Three, Chapter Fifteen