The Cherubim (sg. cherub, pl. cherubim or cherubs) are a unique form of construct created by the Adeptus Mechanicus for the Imperium. In appearance they are small angelic children, with the intentional effect of symbolizing purity. Although cherubim are specially-built for many purposes, some psychic Inquisitors utilize them as familiars.[Needs Citation]
Vat-grown and enhanced with bionics and anti-grav technology they often swoop and chatter about the sepulchers and cathedrals of the Ecclesiarchy and act as sycophants to priests, cardinals and Inquisitors across the Imperium, babbling fanatical rhetorics in their high-pitched, querulous voices.
Kinds of Cherubs
- 1: Codex: Daemonhunters (3rd Edition), pg. 14
- 2: Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition), pg. 16
- 3: White Dwarf 72 (2015), Space Marines - Devastator Squad
- 4: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Librarian (last accessed 17 June 2015)
- 5: White Dwarf 91 (2015) - Codex Apocrypha: Extra, Cyber Cherub
- Inquisitor: On Angel Wings (site no longer active, archive link) house rules and unofficial background for Cherubim in the Inquisitor game.
|Inquisitors||Lord Inquisitor • Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor • Ordo Malleus Inquisitor • Ordo Xenos Inquisitor|
|Retinue||Acolyte • Arco-Flagellant • Astropath • Autosavant • Banisher • Cherubim • Chiurgeon • Crusader • Daemonhost • Death Cult Assassin • Interrogator • Jokaero Weaponsmith • Hierophant • Lexmechanic • Mystic • Sage • Sanctioned Psyker • Servo-skull • Servitor • Sisters Dialogous • Sisters Hospitaller • Pariah • Penitent • Priest • Torturer • Veteran Guardsman • Warp-Seer|
|Other Troops||Inquisitorial Stormtroopers • Deathwatch • Grey Knights • Sisters of Battle • Callidus Assassin • Culexus Assassin • Eversor Assassin • Vindicare Assassin|
|Vehicles||Chimera • Land Raider • Land Raider Crusader • Land Raider Redeemer • Razorback • Rhino • Valkyrie|
|Fleet||Inquisitorial Black Ship|