Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition)
|Cover Artist||Dave Gallagher|
|Illustrator(s)||John Blanche, Alex Boyd, Robin Carey, Paul Dainton, Dave Gallagher, Neil Hodgson, Nuala Kinraide, Adrian Smith|
|Preceded by||Codex: Blood Angels (4th Edition)|
The General Structure
Codex: Blood Angels is an expansion book for the Games Workshop tabletop game Warhammer 40,000. This edition of the book updates the forces of the Blood Angels chapter for the 5th edition of Warhammer 40,000. It was the fourth codex released for that edition of the game.
The book has 96 pages and the cover is printed in colour while the majority of the book remains in black and white, with the majority of the coloured pictures situated in the hobby section near the end. The book cover features a Space Marine Captain leading his Honour Guard against Plague Marines, while many other Blood Angels advance in the background including what seems to be Commander Dante or a Sanguinary Guard. The back cover image features several units of miniatures.
This book contains a complete army list for using the Blood Angels Space Marine army, as well as its Successor Chapters. Further special rules and equipment are included, as well as new units added in the Codex.
This book contains background information and fiction on:
- Origins of the Blood Angels
- Organization of the Blood Angels
- History of the Blood Angels
- The Planet of the Blood Angels
- The Heritage of Sanguinius
- Famous Battles
This book contains background and special character rules for:
- Commander Dante, Blood Angels Chapter Master
- Captain Erasmus Tycho of the Blood Angels 3rd Company
- Mephiston, The Lord of Death, Chief Librarian of the Blood Angels
- Astorath the Grim, High Chaplain and Redeemer of the Lost
- Lemartes, Chaplain of the Death Company and Guardian of the Lost
- Corbulo, Sanguinary High Priest
- The Sanguinor, Legendary figure that appears to aid the Blood Angels in the grimmest of battles
- Gabriel Seth, Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers
This section contains a selection of Space Marines units and how they are painted including characters, squads and vehicles. This section also describes the paint schemes of Blood Angel Successor Chapters, such as the Flesh Tearers and Angels Vermillion.