Codex: Blood Angels (8th Edition)
|Preceded by||Codex: Blood Angels (7th Edition)|
Sons of the angel-winged Primarch Sanguinius, the Blood Angels are noble and magnificent, a proud Space Marine chapter with ten millennia of history. They are warrior heroes who descend into battle on flaming wings to stand between the Emperor’s servants and the heretical hordes that seek to destroy them. Yet beneath their heroic exterior lies a dark secret known as the Flaw, a gene-curse that has bedevilled them for millennia, ravaging their souls until they fight as much for a suitably heroic end as they do for victory in the Emperor’s name.
The Angelic Host: the origin of the Blood Angels, the story behind their homeworld of Ball, the horror of the Flaw and the introduction of Primaris Space Marines to their ranks
- Ordering the Host: a detailed breakdown of the Blood Angels’ Chapter organisation, their heraldries and vehicle markings
- Colour schemes and heraldries for 8 successor Chapters: Angels Encarmine, Angels Sanguine, Flesh Tearers, Carmine Blades, Angels Vermillion, Blood Drinkers, Knights of the Chalice, and Lamenters
- A Chronicle of Heroes: a timeline of major Blood Angels engagements, from the founding to the present
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Blood Angels army
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Blood Angels army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 77 datasheets, providing rules for every Blood Angels unit and miniature
- Army abilities reflecting the Blood Angels’ methods of war on the tabletop
- Armoury of Baal: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Blood Angels
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games
- Sons of Sanguinius: rules for Battle-forged armies, including
- 25 unique Stratagems
- 6 unique Warlord Traits that any Blood Angels commander can use
- Relics of Baal: 6 rare weapons and artefacts available only to Blood Angels
- Sanguinary Discipline: 6 psychic powers available to any Blood Angels model with the Psyker keyword
- 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Blood Angels.