Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 1st Codex)
- Note: Third Edition of Warhammer 40,000 had two different Chaos Space Marines Codexes. A revised Codex was released in 2002.
|Cover Artist||Wayne England|
|Illustrator(s)||Alex Boyd, Wayne England, Des Hanley, Neil Hodgson, Nuala Kinrade, Paul Smith and John Wigley|
|ISBN||ISBN 1 869893 49 2|
|Preceded by||Codex: Chaos (2nd Edition)|
|Followed by||Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex)|
The Codex: Chaos Space Marines is an expansion book for the Games Workshop Table Top game Warhammer 40,000. This book was published for the first time in 1999, and is for the 3rd Edition of Warhammer 40,000.
The 48 page book is printed in black & white with the exception of the cover, the hobby sections & 'Eavy Metal showcases.
This book contains a complete army list for using a Chaos Space Marines army. Further special rules, equipment as well as background information is included.
This book contains background information and fiction on:
- The Eye of Terror
- The Deeds & origins of Abaddon The Despoiler, Warmaster of Chaos
- Cultist Invocation of Doomrider
- Interrogation of the Fallen One, Formerly Brother Galotha
- Inquistor Hellar's Report on Kharn The Betrayer
- Fabius Bile
- Bekanor's experience on Adelphos V
- Night Lords, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, Thousand Sons, Iron Warriors, The Black Legion, World Eaters, Alpha Legion
Special character models
This book contains background and special character rules for:
- Abaddon the Despoiler, Warmaster of Chaos
- Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
- Cypher the Fallen Angel
- Kharn the Betrayer
- Fabius Bile
This book contains hobby information on:
- Choosing a Chaos Space Marine Army
- Expanding Your Army
- Chaos Space marine Tactics
- The Colours of Chaos
- Painting Chaos Space Marines
- Painting Iron Warriors Dreadnoughts
- Painting & Modelling Tips
- Codex, a general overview of all Codex publications.