Codex: Chaos Space Marines (8th Edition)
|Preceded by||Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition)|
The Chaos Space Marines are superhuman traitors grown strong on the power of the Dark Gods. The ultimate nemesis of the Imperium, they surge from hidden lairs and hellish warp storms to fall without warning upon their victims. Murderous warriors clad in baroque power armour fight alongside teeming human Cultists and hulking Chaos Terminators; gargoyle-mouthed daemon engines stomp to war alongside growling battle tanks and hosts of malevolent entities spawned from the warp. Leading this malefic throng are the Champions of Chaos, evil warlords who have plagued the empire of Man for ten thousand years and more. Now, as the skies bleed raw Chaos energy, their time has come. Let the galaxy burn!
- Let the Galaxy Burn: the terrible origin of the Chaos Space Marines, their betrayal of the Emperor during the Horus Heresy that ushered in an era of damnation, a timeline detailing the Ages of Betrayal, Retribution and Apotheosis with key battles and atrocities in gruesome detail (with a further timeline detailing the horrors of Abaddon’s various Crusades) and a map detailing the current, tainted state of the galaxy
- Information and details of the 7 major Chaos Legions – The Black Legion, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, World Eaters and Emperor’s Children – with histories, key battles, heraldries and colour schemes for each
- An in-depth look at each of the characters and units available to each Chaos Space Marines army, with appropriately grisly background
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the Chaos Space Marines expertly painted by the ‘Eavy Metal team.
- 45 datasheets covering the Chaos Space Marines range, featuring their rules and statistics for use in games
- Army abilities and wargear lists, alongside a brief explanation of their use and the use of keywords
- Rules profiles for every piece of wargear and every weapon in the Chaos Space Marines’ arsenal
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games
- Rules for Battle-forged armies – 8 Legion Traits, 1 for each of the original Legions and 1 for Renegade Chapters
- 24 Stratagems of which are Legion-specific; the Dark Hereticus psychic discipline with its 3 powers specific to the Marks of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh and 14 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Space Marines
- 6 Warlord Traits usable by any Chaos Space Marines Warlord and a further 7 which are Legion-specific
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives for Chaos Space Marines.
- Codex, a general overview of all Codex publications.
|Rulebook||Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook|
|Codices||Space Marines • Chaos Space Marines • Grey Knights • Death Guard • Astra Militarum • Adeptus Mechanicus • Craftworlds • Tyranids • Dark Angels • Blood Angels • Chaos Daemons • Adeptus Custodes • Thousand Sons • T'au Empire • Necrons • Drukhari • Deathwatch • Harlequins • Imperial Knights • Space Wolves • Gellerpox Infected • Elucidian Starstriders • Orks • Genestealer Cults|
|Indices||Imperium 1 • Imperium 2 • Chaos • Xenos 1 • Xenos 2|
|Other||Kill Team • Speed Freeks • Blackstone Fortress • Urban Conquest • Combat Arena • Chapter Approved (2017 • 2018)|
|Starter Sets||Dark Imperium • Know No Fear • Forgebane • Tooth and Claw • First Strike • Wake the Dead|