Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition)
|Cover Artist||Alex Boyd|
|Illustrator(s)||John Blanche, Dave Gallagher, Alex Boyd, Paul Dainton, Robin Carey|
|Preceded by||Codex: Space Marines (4th Edition)|
|Followed by||Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition)|
The General Structure
Codex: Space Marines is an expansion book for the Games Workshop tabletop game Warhammer 40,000. This edition of the book was published for the first time in 2008, and is for the 5th edition of Warhammer 40,000. It was the first codex released for that edition of the game.
The book has 144 pages and the cover is printed in colour while the majority of the book remains in black and white, although there are several pages in colour throughout the book, including the hobby section in the middle. The book cover features a squad of Ultramarines battling against Chaos Space Marines, supported by a Dreadnought. The back cover image features several units of miniatures.
This book contains a complete army list for using a generic (or codex) Space Marine army. Further special rules and equipment are included.
This book contains background information and fiction on:
- Origins of the Space Marines
- History of the Ultramarines
- Codex Chapters
- Famous Battles
This book contains background and special character rules for:
- Marneus Calgar, Ultramarines Chapter Master
- Captain Cato Sicarius of the Ultramarines
- Varro Tigurius, Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines
- Chaplain Ortan Cassius of the Ultramarines
- Torias Telion of the Ultramarines
- Antaro Chronus of the Ultramarines
- Pedro Kantor, Crimson Fists Chapter Master
- Darnath Lysander of the Imperial Fists
- Kayvaan Shrike of the Raven Guard
- Vulkan He'stan of the Salamanders
- Kor'sarro Khan of the White Scars
This section contains a selection of Space Marines units and how they are painted including characters, squads and vehicles. This section also describes how to create your own unique chapters.