Codex: Tyranids (8th Edition)
|Preceded by||Codex: Tyranids (6th Edition)|
The Tyranids are unlike any other race to be encountered by Humanity. They are the ultimate predators; to them all living things, from the lowliest insect to the most advanced civilisation, are mere prey. Only now are the inhabitants of the galaxy realising the scale of the threat – unless the Tyranids can be stopped, it will mean nothing less than the extinction of all.
- The Destroyer of Worlds: the origins of the Tyranids, from the first recorded appearance of their Hive Fleets to their seemingly-unstoppable advance throughout the galaxy, along with details of the manner in which their Hive Minds operate;
- Invasion Swarms: a step-by-step guide to a Tyranid invasion, from the vanguard organisms who seed initial terror through to the swarms of feeder organisms that ultimately strip entire worlds bare;
- A galactic map showing the currently-known major Tyranid incursions;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Tyranid army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Tyranid army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 39 datasheets containing rules for every Tyranid unit and miniature
- Army abilities reflecting the Tyranids’ methods of war on the tabletop
- Weapons of the Hive Fleets: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Tyranid Swarms
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games
- The Shadow in the Warp: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- Hive Fleet Adaptations for the following 7 Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken, Leviathan, Gorgon, Jormungandr, Hydra and Kronos
- 6 unique Warlord Traits available for any Tyranid commander
- 7 Warlord Traits specific to the above-named Hive Fleets
- 28 unique Stratagems
- Bio-artefacts of the Tyranids: a selection of 12 rare weapons, spawned by the Hive Mind to ensure the galaxy’s doom
- Hive Mind Discipline: 6 psychic powers available to any Tyranids model with the Psyker keyword
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
- Codex, a general overview of all Codex publications.
|Rulebook||Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook|
|Codices||Space Marines • Chaos Space Marines • Grey Knights • Death Guard • Astra Militarum • Adeptus Mechanicus • Craftworlds • Tyranids • Dark Angels • Blood Angels • Chaos Daemons • Adeptus Custodes • Thousand Sons • T'au Empire • Necrons • Drukhari • Deathwatch • Harlequins • Imperial Knights • Space Wolves • Gellerpox Infected • Elucidian Starstriders|
|Indices||Imperium 1 • Imperium 2 • Chaos • Xenos 1 • Xenos 2|
|Other||Kill Team • Speed Freeks|
|Starter Sets||Dark Imperium • Know No Fear • Forgebane • Tooth and Claw • First Strike • Wake the Dead|