Combi-weapons are guns used by Imperial Space Marine and Chaos Space Marine armies, and are essentially Boltguns incorporating a second weapon which is good for a single shot per battle. Only one of the component weapons may be fired at once. The recoil of this weapon may break of an unaugmented human arm, so any except a Space Marine cannot use it without harm to themselves. There are two ways of designating them, either Combi-(weapon) or Bolter-(weapon).
- 1 Bolter-Flamer (Combi-Flamer)
- 2 Bolter-Meltagun (Combi-Meltagun)
- 3 Bolter-Plasma Gun (Combi-Plasma Gun)
- 4 Bolter-Grenade Launcher (Combi-Grenade Launcher)
- 5 Bolter-Needle Pistol (Combi-Needle Pistol)
- 6 Condemnor Boltgun (Combi-Stake Crossbow)
- 7 Twin-linked Bolter (Combi-Bolter)
- 8 Grav-gun and Bolter (Combi-Grav gun)
- 9 Plasma gun and Bolter
- 10 Disintegration Combi-gun
- 11 Related Articles
- 12 Sources
A Bolter with a Flamer strapped to the side, useful for close quarters fighting.
A Bolter with a Meltagun strapped to the side, useful for tank hunting.
Bolter-Plasma Gun (Combi-Plasma Gun)
A Bolter with a Plasma Gun strapped to the side, useful for a variety of missions.
Bolter-Grenade Launcher (Combi-Grenade Launcher)
A Bolter with a Grenade launcher strapped to the side, useful for fighting large hordes of enemies.
Bolter-Needle Pistol (Combi-Needle Pistol)
Condemnor Boltgun (Combi-Stake Crossbow)
Used by the Space Marines since before the Horus Heresy, the Combi-Bolter is a similar weapon to the Imperium's more advanced Storm bolter. While the Storm Bolter is a single weapon, the Combi-Bolter is essentially two Bolters strapped together. They are commonly used on Chaos Space Marine Bike Squadrons but are no longer produced in the Imperium in favour of the Storm Bolter.
Alpha Legion Twin-linked Bolter
Grav-gun and Bolter (Combi-Grav gun)
Plasma gun and Bolter
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear
- 2: Codex: Grey Knights (5th Edition) pg.55
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Eleven - The Doom of Mymeara pg. 118
- 4: Specialist Games Catalogue, pg. 107
- 5: GW Website Space Marine Sternguard Veteran Weapons
- 6: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 54
- 7: Games Workshop
- 8: Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (7th Edition), Tools of Butchery
- 9: 30th Anniversary Imperial Space Marine rules
|Melee Weapons||Chainsword • Chainfist • Combat Knife • Force weapon • Lightning Claw • Power axe • Power fist • Power sword • Power Maul • Thunder hammer|
|One-Handed Weapons||Bolt pistol • Hand flamer • Plasma pistol • Inferno Pistol • Graviton Pistol|
|Two-Handed Weapons||Bolter • Combi-weapon • Flamer • Meltagun • Plasma gun • Grav-gun • Shotgun • Sniper rifle • Storm bolter|
|Heavy Weapons||Assault cannon • Autocannon • Heavy bolter • Heavy flamer • Lascannon • Missile launcher • Multi-melta • Plasma cannon|
|Grenades||Frag grenade • Krak grenade • Melta bomb|