Council of Terra
Created by the Emperor shortly after the Ullanor Crusade, the Council was created as the governing body of the Imperium whilst the Emperor worked in the vaults of his palace: to attend to matters of state and would aim to create and uphold Imperial Law throughout the newly conquered Imperium, including the controversial Imperial Tithe.
Members of the Council of Terra
- First Lord of the Council: Malcador
- Fabricator-General Kelbor-Hal of the Martian Mechanicum
- Chief Custodian Constantin Valdor of the Custodian Guard
- Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica
- Master of the Administratum 
- Paternoval Envoy of the Navis Nobilite
The Council of Terra attracted controversy during its time; from its inception, the Primarchs were deeply unhappy about being denied a place on the Council, after their position on the War Council which had been ruling the Imperium for the majority of the Great Crusade. This contributed to the feelings of abandonment in the Imperial military.
The Imperial Tithe faced staunch opposition from the Warmaster himself, who felt it would cause unrest and even rebellion in some newly compliant or unstable areas of the Imperium.
- 1: Horus Heresy: Visions of War, [Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Ultramarines (2nd Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 3: False Gods, by Graham McNeill, [Needs Citation]
- 4: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 403