Crypteks are Necron technological specialists whose purpose is to study the highly advanced and ancient technology of their race.
Their main fields of study include dimensional dissonance, singularity manipulation, atomic transmutation, elemental transmogrification and countless other reason-defying technologies. They are masters of the scientific and technological and in many ways a Cryptek's powers mirror those employed by the psykers of other races such as the Imperium and Eldar. However they differ in that instead of using a mutant mind to channel Warp energies, the Cryptek employs arcane science to harness the universe's fundamental forces.
Crypteks operate in pan-galactic conclaves, many of which specialize in a particular field of technology. Though they have no official rank in the political structure of a dynasty, they wield incredible influence and often serve in the courts of Necron Overlords and Necron Lords as close confidants.[2b] The powers of Crypteks are highly sought after by Necron Overlords, who will meet whatever demands are made by the Crypteks in exchange for their services.
Disciplines of Techno-sorcery
- Harbinger of Despair: Also known as psychomancers, they are masters of influencing the organic mind and psychological warfare. With their Abyssal Staves they can spread madness among enemy ranks. They are also capable of causing dread in their enemies and of dematerialising and rematerialising their comrades.[2a]
- Harbinger of Destruction: Also known as plasmancers, they are masters of raw energy and can shoot devastating blasts of furious energy and pulses of light that illuminate the entire battlefield from their Eldritch Lances in battle. Their gaze of flickering witch-fire falters the onset of even the bravest attacker.[2a]
- Harbinger of Eternity: Also known as chronomancers, they are masters of time and knowledge of the future flows through their every act. They can rarely be trusted as they always have an idea of how any event will unfold. They wield Aeonstaves with sapphire heads, capable of trapping a enemy in a bubble of slow-time, a Chronometron capable of changing time, and the ability to crystallize time around themselves in a a way that blocks their enemies' blows.[2a]
- Harbinger of Transmogrification: Practicing an art once known as alchemy, they specialize in the transmutation of matter from one form to another and to animate the inanimate. They use the Harp of Dissonance that can change Adamantium to brittle glass with a single booming bass note, the Seismic Crucible to induce seismic activity in rock, metal and air, and the Tremorstave causes quakes that knock enemies away.[2a]
- Harbinger of The Storm: Also known as ethermancers, they are capable of manipulating the weather against their foes. The Voltaic Staff which shoots lightning, and the Ether Crystal summons pressures wave and bolts of lightning to buffet their enemies. They are also capable of calling upon emerald Lightning Fields to protect their allies.[2a]
- Navgran the Eternal - Cryptek in the service of the Sautekh Dynasty. Known as the High Transmuter.[2c]
|HQ||Necron Overlord • Destroyer Lord|
Royal Court: Necron Lord • Cryptek
|Elites||Deathmarks • Lychguards • Triarch Praetorians • C'tan Shard • Flayed One Pack • Triarch Stalkers|
|Troops||Necron Warriors • Necron Immortals|
|Fast Attack||Canoptek Wraiths • Canoptek Scarabs • Tomb Blades • Necron Destroyers • Tomb Stalker|
|Heavy Support||Doomsday Arks • Annihilation Barges • Monoliths • Doom Scythes • Night Shrouds • Canoptek Spyders • Pylon • Sentry Pylon|
|Transports||Catacomb Command Barge • Ghost Ark • Night Scythe • Tesseract Ark|
|Special Characters||Imotekh the Stormlord (HQ) • Nemesor Zahndrekh (HQ) • Vargard Obyron (HQ) • Illuminor Szeras (HQ) • Orikan the Diviner (HQ) • Anrakyr the Traveler (HQ) • Trazyn the Infinite (HQ)|