|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Dark Hunters were founded in the dark days of the Occlusiad. That their first campaign saw fighting against the Daemon Engines and corrupted Warlord Titan Repellus Maximal of Warpsmith Hilghar during the Battle of Bloodsteel has left a deep rooted mistrust against machines within their psyche. Even today, they have strained relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus.[3a] Later in the Dellrond Campaign - where a single company of Dark Hunters held the entrance of the Cathedral of the Emperor Ossified for five years against Waaagh! Nagrut - they earned a resolute and stubborn reputation.[3b] In the Lonal Ambush, they were used as Tyranid bait by the Raven Guard.[3c]
The Dark Hunters have a reputation for being particularly grim and resolute warriors. They are one of the seven chapters charged with elimination of the Punishers, a faction of Chaos Renegades. They succeeded in eliminating half the Punishers at the Battle of the Black Star in 939.M41.
Notable Dark Hunters
- Brother Pieter (deceased) - left behind after battling the Punishers on Perreken, he managed to send a distress signal to the battle fleet before his death.
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pgs. 26 and 30
- 2: The Last Detail (Short Story) by Paul Kearney - Legends of the Space Marines (Anthology)
- 2a: pg. 200
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition) (E-Book Edition) pg.68
- How to Paint Space Marines pg. 88 (Images)