Defiant Light Cruiser
The Defiant class is a variant of the Endeavour Class Light Cruiser, in this case its weapons batteries being replaced by Attack Craft flight decks. The Defiant is used as an escort for larger ships, and or as a convoy strike craft carrier. The Defiant is a capable carrier, but too vulnerable to operate without support, as it has no significant defensive capabilities. It is often seen alongside its sister variants, the Endeavour and Endurance Class Light Cruiser.
The Defiant has two flight decks and two short range lances upon its prow. Its lack of fire-power often delegates it to operating as support to larger ships rather than in its intended role as an escort.
Notable Defiant Class Vessels
- Dimensions: 3.8 km long, 0.5 km abeam at fins approx.
- Mass: 22 megatonnes approx.
- Crew: 61,500 crew, 6,100 pilots and support staff, approx.
- Accel: 3.8 gravities max sustainable acceleration.
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic Armada, pg. 19
- 2: Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus, pg. 26
- 3: Vessels of Mars: Ships of the Adeptus Mechanicus, by Nate Montes, Robert Henderson and Ray Bell