The Desolator Class Battleship was designed far back at the founding of the Imperium, based on technology now lost to the Adeptus Mechanicus. Between M31 and M34, at least five Desolators turned against the Emperor's light and none now remain in service. Today, they are service with the Forces of Chaos.
Notable Desolator Class Battleships
- Eternity of Pain - so renamed by its captain, responsible for destroying several Imperial ships, due to its higher-powered lances and long-range gun decks, since 453.M33.
- Torment - captured by renegade pirates in the Spartan War, later responsible for the destruction of the orbital defences around Ghori IV prior to an Eldar invasion.
- Misericorde - in the service of the Word Bearers, harassed the Blood Angels fleet over Cybele and Sabien.
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, pg. 118
- 2: Deus Encarmine (Novel) by James Swallow, [Needs Citation]
- 3: Deus Sanguinius (Novel) by James Swallow, [Needs Citation]
|Capital Ships||Battleships||Despoiler • Desolator • Desecrator • Battle Barge • Planet Killer|
|Grand Cruisers||Retaliator • Repulsive • Executor • Furious|
|Heavy Cruisers||Styx • Hades • Acheron • Hellfire • Hecate|
|Cruisers||Devastation • Murder • Carnage • Slaughter • Inferno • Hellbringer • Pestilaan • Strike Cruiser • Daemonship|
|Escorts||Idolator • Infidel • Iconoclast|
|Attack Craft||Swiftdeath Fighter • Doomfire Bomber • Thunderhawk • Stormbird • Heldrake • Fire Lord • Dreadclaw Assault Boat • Kharybdis Assault Claw|