Emperor Class Battleship
The Emperor Class Battleship is a command ship and a carrier combined together. It is one of the oldest designs still in use, due to the discovery of Divine Right fused into a Space Hulk for some ten thousand years.
The main armament of the Emperor class is made up of its 8 squadrons of attack craft such as the Fury Interceptor and Starhawk Bomber. These are able to roam far from the ship, to engage enemy capital ships that would be out of range, or otherwise non-viable targets for the ship's weapons batteries.
Notable Emperor Class Battleships
- Divine Right - seen during the Gothic War.
- Dominus Astra - played a pivotal role in defeating Hive Fleet Behemoth and ending the Battle for Macragge when it entered the heart of the Tyranid fleet and detonated its Warp Drives, dragging the entire Tyranid fleet along with itself into the Warp.
- Indomitable Wrath
- Legatus Stygies
- Lord of Light
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, pg. 106
- 2: Warhammer 40,000: Assault on Black Reach, Booklet, pg. 22
- 3: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), [Needs Citation]
- 4: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 33