PopulationHouse Aranthus several centuries ago and ultimately led to its downfall.
Escher society has long since developed to compensate for their imbalanced population (which is no longer seen as a disadvantage), and like all other Houses have a ruling family which, along with close relatives and families in service, dominates the institutions and political life of the House.
House Escher and House Goliath are old enemies, and their mutual borders are the scene of frequent skirmishes. Escher's typical disdain for all males is particularly acute when it comes to Goliaths, who they dismiss as simple and brutish, and often refer to as "Meatnecks".
House Orlock also borders Escher territory, with the House typically considering Escher as one of its two strongest allies. The Escher leadership respect the prominent position of many fellow females in House Orlock, and the famous Orlock penchant for political marriages has led to many occasions when particularly cunning Orlock women have held the balance of power. The Escher view this with haughty satisfaction and as a result their leaders suspend their usual dismissive arrogance of men when dealing with House Orlock, but this does not stop them seeing the males of the House as disadvantaged and piteous.
Female refugees from the spire of the Hive such as "Mad" Donna and Yolanda Catallus are often associated with House Escher, though not exclusively; indeed "Mad" Donna led a gang of Orlocks after drifting away from the Escher gang that took her in, and many also become unaligned bounty hunters.
Arrogant and heartless, the Escher have a reputation for cruelty, and are perhaps the most vicious House. Their gangs may be all female, but they are as tough and heavily armed as any all male gang. They are fast and deadly, and tend to have a strong bias towards hand-to-hand combat. When choosing guns they prefer Plasma weapons for their high fire power. [5a][5b]
- The Carrion Queens
- Wild Cats
- Praxic Wildcats
- Chem Fall Runners
- Feral Claws
- Morbid Mavens
- Irad Widows
- Crimson Harpies
- Jelena - The Carrion Queens, Leader
- Marika - The Carrion Queens, Champion
- Tumala - The Carrion Queens, Champion
- Kaiya - The Carrion Queens, Ganger
- Nokomi - The Carrion Queens, Ganger
- Olina - The Carrion Queens, Ganger
- Reina - The Carrion Queens, Ganger
- Rhosinn - The Carrion Queens, Ganger
- Brae - The Carrion Queens, Juve
- Zarann - The Carrion Queens, Juve
- Kria - Bounty Hunter
- 1: Necromunda Sourcebook, pg. 12
- 2: "House of Iron", Necromunda Magazine vol 2, 1, pg. 29
- 3: Kal Jerico (Graphic Novel Series)
- 4: Outlanders Rulebook, pg. 78
- 5: White Dwarf 194 (UK)
- 6: Necromunda: Underhive (Living Rulebook), pg. 79
- 7: Necromunda Facebook Page
- 8: Necromunda cite, 2017 (last accessed 6 January 2018)
|Helmawr ◦ Catallus • Greim • Ko’iron • Ran Lo • Ty • Ulanti|
Cawdor • Delaque • Escher • Goliath • Orlock • Van Saar ◦ Aranthus