Exodite Worlds are those that were settled by Eldar, commonly known as Exodites, fleeing the increasing depravity of the majority of the Eldar race just prior to the Fall of the Eldar. They are wild planets, often untamed and dangerous.[1a] Craftworld Biel-Tan are known to be defenders of Exodite worlds, as they see the Exodites as the first stage in regaining the Eldar empire. Exodite worlds would be their staging grounds, and they guard each world jealously, slaughtering any who seek to take the worlds for themselves.[1b]
Flora and Fauna
Often, Exodite worlds are home to vast herds of megadons, or dragons to the Eldar. It is likely that early settlers spread these animals, much like humanity spread the Grox throughout their realm.[1a]
Exodites live nomadic lives, following the megadon herds across huge grassy plains. They have eschewed the use of much of their former technology, but still remain able to use anything that could be used on a Craftworld. They simply choose to live as they do, rather than having 'degenerated', as many Imperial citizens believe.[1a]
Known Exodite Worlds
- Carnac - Revealed to be a Necron Tomb World, eventually recaptured by Anrakyr the Traveller.
- Halathel - Attacked by Hive Fleet Naga in 809.M41-811.M41. Unable to abandon the World Spirit, the defenders put up a last stand but were eventually massacred and the treasured World Spirit destroyed. Prince Yriel, overcome by rage, ordered his fleet to scour all life from Halathel.[1b]
- Haranshemash - Formally known as Haran, Eldrad foretold of a warp rift rupturing space allowing the forces of Chaos to pour forth. When it opened the Eldar were prepared. Chaos Space Marines joined the Daemons that emerged, and battles raged across the planet for many long months, with many Outcasts and even Phoenix Lords, including the reappearance of presumed lost Fuegan [1d], joining the Eldar cause. Ultimately the Eldar triumphed though at a terrible cost. The planet was denied to Chaos, but thereafter was known as Haranshemash, the 'world of blood and tears'.[1c]
- Ishareq - In 801.M41 despite the elite dragon riders of the Viridian Knights repelling invading Dark Eldar, they were unfortunately too late to stop Haemonculi poisoning the planet's World Spirit, eventually leading to every Eldar upon the planet simply laying down and dying.
- Lileathanir - Attacked by the Kabal of the White Flames.
- Menimshemash - Invaded by waves of Daemons after Tzeentch infiltrated the planet's World Spirit.
- Selesti - In 988.M41, Sylandri Veilwalker manipulated Xander Krast into stopping an Ork Waaagh! targeting this world.
- Tirathain - Located to the galactic south of the Ultima Segmentum.
- T'krahn - Invaded by Warboss Nazdreg, for its vast resources. The Exodites on the planet called for help from Craftworld Ulthwe. Led by Farseer Eldrad, the Ulthwé forces were able to repel the Orks from the planet.
- 1:Codex: Eldar (4th Edition)
- 2: Codex: Chaos Daemons (4th Edition), pg. 16
- 3: Planetstrike, pg. 55
- 4: Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pg. 29
- 5: Codex: Necrons (5th Edition), pg. 27
- 6: The Citadel Journal 18, pg. 41
- 7: Path of the Renegade[Needs Citation]
- 8: Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition Rulebook (E-Book) - Time of Ending
|General||Dead World • Death World • Desert World • Ice World • Jungle World • Ocean World •|
|Imperium||Adeptus Astartes Homeworld • Agri World • Cardinal World • Cemetery World • Civilised World • Feral World • Feudal World • Frontier World • Forge World • Fortress World • Hive World • Industrial World • Knight World • Mining World • Paradise World • Penal World • Quarantined World • Research Station • Shrine World • War World|
|Xeno||Xenos World • Daemon World • Exodite World • Tomb World • Maiden World • Crone World • Ork World • Tau Sept • Craftworld|