The Fabricator-General also known as the Magos Mechanicus, is the leader of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Based on the Mechanicum homeworld of Mars, the Fabricator-General is also the head of the Cult Mechanicus, the faith of the Tech Priests. As the leading figure of one of the Imperiums most powerful and influential organizations, he is invariably a member of the High Lords of Terra.
During the early days of the Great Crusade, the Mechanicum was led by the Martian Parliament. The Fabricator-General acted as the Martian ambassador to Terra and had a seat on the War Council of the Great Crusade. At some point before Kelbor-Hal held the position, the post had evolved into the leader of the Mechanicum.
- Kelbor-Hal: Fabricator-General who sided with the forces of Chaos during the Horus Heresy and founded the Dark Mechanicum.
- Gastaph Hediatrix: Fabricator-General during the Age of Apostasy
- 1: Codex Imperialis, pg. 41
- 2: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition), pg. 13
- 3: The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal, pg. 18