From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
The entire population of Fervious inhabits one sprawling shanty city. This has spawned a very violent and callous culture where murder is an accepted form of dispatching rivals and as a way of gaining wealth and influence.
|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
Native Flora and Fauna
- Styger: a beast of burden found on Fervious, when birthing, the creature makes a thick, viscous liquid to feed its newborn young.
- Fervious Serpent: a highly venomous ophidian-like life-form.
- Fervious Banded Armour: The banded armour of Fervious is made from layers of tough, laminated strips of hide that are bonded or sewn to cushioned leather. The armour has been developed to stop the razor-sharp Fervious katanas and is worn by warriors and nobles who constantly fear for their lives.
- Fervious Katana: A long, curved sword. It is sharper than many other types of sword as the metal of Fervious is a very stubborn and hard material that is folded many times to create a razor-sharp edge. Katanas are wielded by Fervious nobles and are also used by many of the Death Cults of that world.
- Fervious Nunchakus: Made from two staves that are bound together by a length of tough sinew, where on other worlds nunchakus have been developed the staves are bound by a chain. On Fervious, the end of the staves of the Nunchakus will also be coated in the venom from the deadly Fervious Serpent. A high level of skill is needed to use the nunchakus effectively, as the wielder must avoid poisoning himself while trying to strike his enemy.
- Fervious Styger Milk: If drunk by humans the milk literally coats the throat, windpipe and stomach for up to a day after being ingested. As well as being full of nutrients and proteins, the people of Fervious have found that a side effect of the milk is that any poisons that are subsequently consumed have little to no effect. Styger milk is so effective at preventing poisoning that all Fervious nobles, as a matter of course, will drink Styger Milk before eating. This has led to substantial wealth for Styger dairy farmers who, before the discovery of the milk's benefits, were nothing more than peasants. Now the dairy farmers have grown rich and powerful in their own right, fighting amongst themselves in the hopes of creating a monopoly.
- Fantasy Flight Games The Calixis Sector
- Black Industries' "Guide to the Calixis Sector," pgs. 29-30