This disturbing fusion of Daemon-beast and heavily armoured machine is designed to attack enemy forces from afar with overwhelming firepower as opposed to its cousin, the Maulerfiend, which is designed for close combat. Upon the Forgefiend's back is a assembly of soul-furnaces which contain the tortured screams and faces of its victims.
The Forgefiend is typically armed with either up to three Ectoplasma Cannons (these called Cerberites by Imperium scholars)[5a] or two Hades Autocannons. Forgefiends do not fire normal ammunition, for even their bullets are tainted with daemonic essence. Moreover, they can reload and create new ammunition internally by feasting upon nearby metal.
Known Named Forgefiends
- Firemaw - fought as a part of the Crimson Slaughter army on the planet of Amethal in Diamor Campaign (999.M41)
- Mutarax of the Sons of Carnage[5b]
- 1: Games Workshop
- 2: White Dwarf 394 (UK), pgs. 6-7
- 3: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 51
- 4: Black Crusade: Traitor's Hate, pg. 24
- 5: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (8th Edition)