Each blade is hand-crafted by a Master Iron Priest, and many incorporate the diamond-hard fangs of the Fenrisian Ice Kraken. They are highly sought after and in the skilled hands of a Space Marine they can be comparable in effect to most Power Weapons[1a].
In the legends of the chapter, the finest Frost Blades are made of ice harvested from the heart of a glacier, and then tempered inside a Kraken's belly.
Unique Frost Blades
- Mjalnar - wielded by Leman Russ
- Krakenmaw - Wielded by Leman Russ. Broken by Angron during the Night of the Wolf.
- Helwinter - A Frost Axe wielded by Leman Russ
- The Frostfang - wielded by Wolf Lord Ragnar Blackmane
- The Teeth of the Blizzard - wielded by Wolf Guard Ralaff
- The Void-Cracker
- The Young King's Blade
- 1: Codex: Space Wolves (5th Edition):
- 2: Wolfblade (Novel) by William King - Space Wolf: The Second Omnibus (Omnibus): Chapter Twenty-Six, pg. 248.
- 3: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, pg. 157
- 4: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf - Card Description
- 5: A Thousand Sons (Novel) by Graham McNeill, Chapter Ten, pg. 172
- 6: Warhammer: Visions 18
- 7: Betrayer (Novel)