|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
First amongst the Primogenitors, the Genesis Chapter are dogmatically loyal to the memory of Roboute Guilliman, and can be counted upon to fight at the Ultramarines' side without hesitation.[1a] They have the honor of being the first of the primogenitors and were formed from the noblest Ultramarines veterans who survived the Horus Heresy. Upon their inception, their first battle wrested the planet Newfound from the Word Bearers.
The Genesis Chapter is one of the closest chapters doctrinally and astrographically to the Ultramarines, often undertaking joint operations. The Genesis Chapter Space Marines also routinely fill the gaps in the Ultramarine companies if they fall below Codex strength, or fill specialist positions such as the Librarius or Forge staff. Its Space Marines commonly undertake at least one pilgrimage to the Shrine of the Primarch. The Genesis Chapter Chaplain regard the Codex Astartes as sacrosanct, going to great lengths to ensure that the Chapter adheres to its tenets, and any point of contention is debated thoroughly with recourse to the opinions of the Ultramarines' Chaplains for final ratification in order to ensure there is no doctrinal drift between the Ultramarines and the Genesis chapter.
- 544-546.M32 - The War of the Beast. The Novamarines aid the Ultramarines and their successors in defending Ultramar from the Orks.
- 777.M41 - Achilus Crusade - A strike force was dispatched to the Quarantined world of Argoth on the Canis Salient, as a request from Lord Ebongrave for a undisclosed mission, supposedly to fight Tau emissaries. Watch-Station Hestus intercepted a request for aid from this strike force, but Lord Commander Ebongrave has overruled the deployment of any Imperial forces to the area. The Deathwatch dispatches a secret mission to find the status of this force.
- 997.M41 - A series of Exterminatus missions are carried out by Space Marines of the Death Strike and Genesis Chapters on worlds in the Ulik Sector not yet consumed by Hive Fleet Leviathan to prevent it from gaining precious bio-resources.
- 998.M41 - A combined force of the Genesis Chapter and Ultramarines engage the growing might of Waaagh! Irontoof.[1c]
- 999.M41 - 13th Black Crusade.
- ~100s.M42 - The Indomitus Crusade. Following the end of the Crusade and the rise of the Plague Wars, Genesis Chapter 2nd Captain Portan was named a Tetrarch of Ultramar by Roboute Guilliman.
- ~100s.M42 - The Plague Wars. The Genesis Chapter provides 6 Companies.
- Sometime before the 13th Black Crusade a Genesis cruiser Daidem Mantle under command of a Captain Aeneas attacked the Night Lords vessel Echo of Damnation under the command of Talos in the orbit of Tsagualsa. The Genesis chapter assaulted the Night Lords vessel using drop pods and sought to neutralize the ship's bridge. They were ultimately unsuccessful and were destroyed in a cunning move by Talos which half destroyed a moon and the Genesis cruiser. [4a]
- Fourteenth Siege of Antigonis - A captain of the Genesis Chapter was deliberately provoked into single combat by a captain of the Minotaurs. Only a fresh wave of Orks arriving from the Octarian Empire prevented relations between the two chapters deteriating into bloody conflict.
- Eorloid - Chapter Master
- Tolemion - Company Champion[4b]
- Portan - 2nd Company Captain and Tetrarch of Ultramar
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition)
- 2: Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pg. 29
- 3: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, pg. 58
- 4: Void Stalker (Novel) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
- 5: Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition) (E-Book Edition), Ultramarines Successor Chapters
- 6: Imperial Armour Volume Ten - The Badab War - Part Two, pg. 106
- 7: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 84
- 8: Shadow of Ullanor (Novel) Chapter 1
- 9: Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia, pg. 97
- 10: Dark Imperium (Novel) Chapter 20
- 11: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook pg.158-159
- Codex: Space Marines (4th Edition), [Needs Citation]
- Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition), pg. 73
- Codex: Space Marines (3rd Edition), pg. 47