The Guardian Spear was the traditional weapon of the Adeptus Custodes during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy. The spears were halberd-like power weapons incorporating a ranged weapon at its tip. The weapon's powerful ranged and close combat duality complemented the fighting style of this bodyguard force, giving them good capabilities in both close combat and at a distance. In battle, Custodes spin these weapons in great arcs, slaying enemies with each strike be it in melee combat or from afar.
- Guardian Spear - The most basic type that incorporates a Bolt Caster
- Adrasite Spear - Incorporates an Adrathic Destructor
- Pyrithite Spear - Incorporates a Melta Beam
- Paragon Spear - The most beautifully wrought and deadly weapons of the Custodians, equipped with a Paragon Bolter. These storied weapons are wielded by the most noted Shield-Captains and Tribunes.
- Horus Heresy: Collected Visions, pp. 28-29
- 2: The First Heretic (Novel) Chapter 7
- 3: Codex: Deathwatch (7th Edition) - Watch Masters'
- 4: The Horus Heresy Book Seven pg.243-244