Hammers of Dorn
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Hammers of Dorn venerate their primarch, Rogal Dorn, to a degree far beyond those of the Imperial Fists' successors. Their Chaplains teach that Dorn was the favoured son of the Emperor, as he stood shoulder to shoulder with his father during the darkest days of the Horus Heresy. The Chapter's teachings on Imperial history see a rivalry between Dorn and his brother Roboute Guilliman, and the Hammers of Dorn maintain this rivalry with the Ultramarines and their successors, though this rivalry has yet to express itself in combat between the two chapters, honourific or otherwise.[Needs Citation]
The Hammers of Dorn also have a very real hatred for the Word Bearers Traitor Legion, the Ultramarines' ancient foes, apparently born out of a determination to prove themselves superior to the Ultramarines and their successors.
- Nightfire Wars
- Achilus Crusade: The Hammers of Dorn had focused their efforts mostly in the worlds known as the Blood Trinity, seeking to confirm the rumours of Word Bearers activity in the region. They recently fought a void-duel against the Black Grail, a Carnage Class Cruiser, but were forced to withdraw. The Chapter is currently refitting in Karlack and almost ready to continue their search.
- Damocles Crusade
- Repelling of the Dread Gestalt on Sylvanus II. The powers of the Wyrdvane Psykers were so strong that the Hammers of Dorn attack was repelled with terrifying ease. Only intervention of Culexus Assassin saved the day.
- 1: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, pg. 67
- 2: Codex Supplement: Farsight Enclaves[Needs Citation]
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 46
- 4: Dataslate: Officio Assassinorum (Background Book), The Chains that Bind
- 5: Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition), pg. 39