Recruitment & Training
Skills learned by the Harakoni using grav-gliders for transport and to hunt Vapour wyrms on their native homeworld translates to a fearlessness of altitude and expertise at judging air currents, knowledge necessary for their role as drop troops.[1b]
The Harakoni are a highly-mobile force thanks to their use of grav-chutes to deploy from orbit wherever they are needed. They are notable for using Stormtroopers, Heavy Weapons Platoons and Special Weapons Squads.[1b] Besides Elysians, they are one of the rare troops that can land from the Valkyries using Grav-chute method of descending.
Appearance & Uniform
Weapons & Equipment
- 31st Harakoni Warhawks "Helldivers" - Fought against the Tau on Medusa V.[1a]
- 32nd Harakoni Warhawks - Participated in the Purging of Contqual. 2 battalions from the 32nd took part in the final battle for Shardenus, the sector capital.[7a]
- 73rd Harakoni Warhawks - Contained survivors of the 181st Elysian Drop Troops.[3a] Wiped out during their drop on the Ork held Magdelene IX.[3b]
- 998th Harakoni Warhawks - Saw combat against the Emperor's Children on Extremis Six.
- Colonel Yris Aikino - Commander of the 32nd. Scratched into his personal lasgun is the phrase 'retalla mire allek' in the Konndar dialect of Harakon, also translated as 'kill or be killed' in Low Gothic. Led the 32nd in their attack on Shardenus Prime, and was the first Harakoni to land upon the walls. Killed in action on Shardenus.[7b][7c]
Notable Campaigns & Engagements
- The Fall of Medusa V[1a]
- Harakoni and Elysian regiments deployed to Antorro system after communications blackout amid sightnings of the Space Hulk Agony of the Damned in-system.
- The invasion of Magdelene IX.[3b]
- Purging of Contqual - The Iron Hands persecuted a campaign of cleansing upon the Chaos tainted Contqual sub-sector. In this they were aided by the Imperial Guard, including the 32nd Harakoni Warhawks. During the final battle for Shardenus, 2 battalions from the 32nd were honoured with the first strike against the principle Hive of Shardenus Prime, tasked with creating a breach in the wall for fellow Imperial Guard regiments to follow. Unfortunately, many of the defense towers that were supposed to have been destroyed by saboteurs were still intact, and the Harakoni suffered grievous losses before they could even touch down. Those that did established a beachhead on the wall and attempted to push out, but were overwhelmed by the numbers of men the heretics brought to bear. Even though the Harakoni died to a man during the attack, the Iron Hands used the opportunity to launch their own attack, penetrating deep into the Hive.[7b][7c]
- War Zone Fenris - Cleared Svenngard's core islands from the initial daemonic invasion alongside elements of the Space Wolves, Iron Hands, and Ultramarines.
- Extremis Six - 998th Harakoni Warhawks deployed alongside other Imperial Guard airborne regiments such as the 352nd Elysian Drop Troops, 142nd Etharic Seraphs, and Militarum Tempestus allies to Extremis Six to enact vengeance upon warbands of Emperor's Children and the Traitor Titan Legion Riotous Host for the murder of the planet's population. Lucius the Eternal was also sighted upon the planet, along with unconfirmed reports of the Daemon Primarch Fulgrim.
- 1: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex)
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 241
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel-Novem
- 4: War Zone Fenris: Wrath of Magnus, pg. 40
- 5: Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 27
- 6: Gathering Storm: Fracture of Biel-Tan, pg. 84
- 7: Wrath of Iron (Novel) by Chris Wraight