Inquisitor Lord Rex is the Lord Proctor of the Scarus Conclave during the Siege of Vraks. A highly regarded hero in his time, he bore the title Auditorii Imperator, being one of the few souls who has been admitted into the presence of the Emperor. In his early years, because of his psychic abilities he was inducted into the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, where he was noted to have been much more able than his fellow students. Thus he was separated from them to undergo genetic augmentation, which accounts for his "massive physique"; following this he was handed over to the Inquisition for apprenticeship. It was during the Rebellion on Vraks that Rex uncovered a prophecy via the Emperor's Tarot that the planet could potentially fall and become a Daemon World. To avoid this outcome, Rex lobbied the entire Scarus conclave to obtain direct control over the war on Vraks and to induct the entire 88th Regiment of the Death Korps of Krieg into his own retinue.
Although it was already within an Inquisitor Lord's mandate to do so, Lord Hector Rex was of a keen political mind, and did not want unwanted interference from his own enemies within the Inquisition, and would have preferred a united consensus against chaos. Hector Rex's proposal to the conclave was opposed by members of the Ordo Hereticus who saw the war as within their jurisdiction, having been incited by the Apostate Cardinal Xaphan and thus a Hereticus matter. Rex did narrowly obtain the majority consensus of the conclave and so he took to war himself alongside Captain Stern of the Grey Knights.
During the actions on Vraks, Lord Rex personally banished the Greater Daemon An'ggrath and it was due to his leadership that the world was brought back into the Imperial fold. Although the war was won, the planet was forever tainted by the influences of Khorne and Nurgle and so Hector Rex placed the world under Malleus quarantine, much to the further displeasure of the Ordo Hereticus.
As an Inquisitor Lord and Master of an Inquisitorial Conclave, Hector Rex has access to almost unlimited resources and personnel. He bears on his person an Anointed Force sword called Arias which is the blade that banished An'ggrath. He also bears a Storm Shield and wears Artificer Armour which has been altered to accommodate his massive physique. As a side arm he also carries a Bolt Pistol equipped with Psycannon Bolts.[Needs Citation] Rex is also a keen user of the Emperor's Tarot and often consults it prior to going into battle and is the bearer of a Grimoire of True Names.
- The caption on the Rhino says: "Rhino of Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Hector Rex. This Vehicle is the Inquisitor's transport for his retinue and himself. It bears many icons and purity seals common to the Inquisition vehicles, and the Crux Terminatus badge. Note the vehicle is not currently as it is being used for ceremonial duties."
- The text beneath the Valkyrie image says: "Valkyrie in the service of Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Hector Rex. This is an Inquisitorial Storm Troopers' transport deployed during The Judgement of Hellenus (in 801.M41). The entire squadron has adopted the name 'Holocaust'. This is their third aircraft."
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume Seven - The Siege of Vraks - Part Three, [Needs Citation]
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, [Needs Citation]
- 3: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Grey-Knights/INQUISITOR_LORD_HECTOR_REX_AND_RETINUE.html (last accessed 8 June 2015)