List of Terms
(Redirected from Heretic)
This page is intended to define terms commonly used in Warhammer 40,000.
- Human subspecies, evolved from the earliest human colonists to suit their new environments. See Abhuman.
- Emperor's Peace
- Act of euthanasia for a soldier or civilian who has been mortally wounded.
- A religious opinion, act or doctrine going against the Imperial creed. Heresy is often not merely an unconventional religious viewpoint, but the act of Chaos worship.
- A person guilty of heresy.
- Imperial Creed, Imperial Cult
- The state religion of the Imperium. Its underlying principle is the worship of the Emperor as a god. See Imperial Cult, Ecclesiarchy.
- A person who has remained loyal to their oaths given to the Imperium.
- A genetic or physical change in a living organism, caused by exposure to the Warp. See Mutation.
- Pariah, Pariah Gene
- A rare genetic trait that makes the individual "invisible" in the Warp. See Blank.
- A genetic mutation that attunes the individual to the Warp and allows them to focus the energies within into various powers. See Psyker, Librarian.
- A person who has rebelled against the Imperium.
- A rank-and-file Ork adult, as opposed to a Nob. Comprises Shoota Boyz and Slugga Boyz. See Ork Boyz.
- Attack, shoot, gunfire, noisy weapon (Derived from the sound of automatic gunfire).
- Gretchin, servant, slave.
- Noble (Pronounced like "Knob").
- Properly Ork-like, good, green.
- Emphasizing ranged combat.
- Cut, kill.
- Stompy, Choppy
- Emphasizing melee combat. Opposite of shooty.
- Ork teeth, used as currency in Ork culture.
- Ork battlecry.
- Massive Ork invasion/migration. See Waaagh.
- (as prefix) "We are" or "tribe of".
- A young Ork.
- "Go away."
Also See: Tau Lexicon
- The different types of Tau that are grouped into certain aspects that have predefined jobs within the Tau society. See Caste System.
- Ethereal Caste, spiritual and worldly leaders of the Tau.
- Earth Caste, laborers and engineers.
- Air Caste, pilots and explorers. Responsible for the Tau Space Fleet.
- Water Caste, merchants and diplomats.
- Fire Caste, soldiers. See Fire Warrior.
- Killing blow. The more aggressive half of Tau military doctrine.
- Patient hunter. The subtle counterpart of Mont'ka.
- Tau gateway used in the Tau version of Warp travel.
- Tau term for humans.