A homeworld generally refers to a planet where a species, individual or military force hails from. It can refer to a world where a species originally developed on, the primary world of a Space Marine chapter, or the world an Imperial Guard regiment was recruited from.
- Terra  - original homeworld of Humanity, capital of the Imperium, and official homeworld of the Imperial Fists.
- The Homeworlds - high-gravity planets near the galactic core where the Squat race developed.
- T'au  - homeworld of the Tau, capital of the Tau Empire
- Pech  - homeworld of the Kroot.
- Vespid  - Homeworld of the Vespid, sharing the same name.
- The Eldar homeworld. All that is know about this planet are legends claiming that it had three moons. Lileath the Maiden moon was the purest white. Kurnous the Hunter's moon was greenish and dim, and Eldanesh the Red moon. The earliest Eldar colonies are largely unknown. Only a few names are known: Croesus, Mymeara, Iydris, and Eldorado the Golden.
Notable Imperial Guard homeworlds
- Cadia - Home of the Cadian Shock Troopers.
- Catachan - Homeworld of the Catachan Jungle Fighters regiments.
- Elysia - Home of the Elysian Drop Troops regiments.
- Kanak - Homeworld of the Kanak Skull Takers regiments.
- Krieg - Homeworld of the Death Korps of Krieg regiments.
- Mordian - Home of the Mordian Iron Guard regiments.
- Savlar - Home of the Savlar Chem Dogs regiments.
- Tallarn - Homeworld of the Tallarn Desert Raiders regiments.
- Tanith - Homeworld of the Tanith First and Only, known as Gaunt's Ghosts.
- Tahnel - Homeworld of the Tahnelian Airbourne
- Terrax - Home of the Terrax Guard regiments.
- Valhalla - Home of the Valhallan Ice Warriors.
Space Marine Homeworlds
Chaos Space Marine Homeworlds
See: Daemon Worlds.
- 1: Codex: Tau (3rd Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Tau Empire (4th Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 3: Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition Rulebook, [Needs Citation]
- 4: Codex Imperialis, [Needs Citation]
- 5: Renegades, rulebook, pg. 6