In M24, Alistar Raven laid the ambitious foundations of the Keep Inviolate on the world of Kolossi. So large did it loom in the minds of the house’s Nobles that it would form the basis of their heraldry. For millennia after, each new ruler of House Raven added to this massive adamantium-plated edifice, and it now stands amongst the greatest strongholds of the Imperium. In M28, Lord Grunwald formed the honourable Order of Companions. Its first leader was Lady Syrtana Raven, who saved Grunwald’s life during the Kortasa Blitz. Shortly after, the crossed blades symbol of the order was incorporated into House Raven’s crest. To this day, the most meritorious of Raven’s Nobles endure the Trial of the Companions to join the order. Three millennia later, Lord Gregor met the first emissaries from Metalica and swore enduring oaths of alliance with the Mechanicum. In exchange for skilled Sacristans, the Knights of House Raven would fight beside the Legio Metalica. Raven’s crest was modified in respect of those oaths, and the house’s strength grew under the forge world’s patronage.
Today of all the Knightly Houses in the Imperium, House Raven is the largest by far. Indeed, Raven’s Knights number in the hundreds, with dozens of households ready to answer the summons of the Adeptus Mechanicus should they be called to war. Quite why there are so many Knight suits available to House Raven is something of a mystery. However, ancient records dating back to when their world, Kolossi, was first settled refer to a piece of STC archeotech that long ago fell into disrepair and was lost. Whether this STC system and Kolossi’s natural resources served as the perfect combination for producing Knight suits, or if the first human settlers merely prioritised the creation of Knight suits above all else, remains an enigma.[1a]
One of Raven's first rulers, Lord Grunwald, introduced a knightly elite within the House known as the Companions. This inner circle comprises many of the most powerful and experienced knights of the house. The majority of them are Knight Errant and Knight Paladin pattern suits. Another sub-order within the House known as the Iron Brotherhood also exists, comprising of a skilled band of Sacristans from Metalica.[1b]
- Lord Grevan - current Princeps of House Raven. Pilots the Knight Warden Ferrous Maximus
- Sir Havlorn - Knight Seneschal.
- Daklorn, Baron, pilot of the Crusader Knight Tempered Fury.[4b]
- Dargetus di Raven - Baron
- Randul, Baron, pilot of the Knight Gallant Impenetrable.[4b] Randul is one of the many Barons that serve beneath Princeps Grevan. His peers claim he is cursed (so he also known as the Cursed Baron), for each engagement ends with his Knight catastrophically damaged. Yet each battle also ends in victory, usually thanks to Randul.
- Vardus - Baroness, killed during the 13th Black Crusade
- Horlund, pilot of the Red Vengeance and is a decorated Titan hunter.
- Karstin, minor noble who submits to the mental dominance of Krewald in return for greater standing. Pilots the Knight Helverin Hammerblow.
- Krewald, pilot of the Glory Unblemished.[4b] Fought in support of the Legio Metalica Emperor Titan Hand of Judgement while destroying a rebel city.
- Locastor, pilot of the Knight Gallant Eternal Fury
- Lornarus, pilot of the Blade of Fire.
- Omnitros, Pilots the Pride of Kolossi
- Rommarus, pilot of the Hammer of Mars.
- Tolos, pilot of the Knight Warglaive Triumphal.
- Ursumna, pilot of the Knight Errant Adamantium Will and is known to have a deep faith in the Omnissiah.
- Walkorn, pilot of the Unyielding Iron.[4b]
- Battle of Geminex
- Diamor Campaign
- Thirteenth Black Crusade
- War of Slime and Metal
- Battle for Palatoria
- 1: Codex: Imperial Knights (6th Edition)
- 2: White Dwarf 66 (2015) - The Week In White Dwarf
- 3: White Dwarf 5 (2014) - Hold The Line!
- 4: Codex: Imperial Knights (7th Edition)
- 5: Imperial Knight Companion, pgs. 69-78
- 6: Black Crusade: Traitor's Hate, Chapter 1
- 7: White Dwarf September 2016, The Ultimate Guide to... Imperial Knights - Imperial Knight Armour
- 8: Codex: Imperial Knights (8th Edition) pg.36
- 9: Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition), pg. 28