|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Iron Knights are a crusading Chapter. They are one of the twelve Chapters that send a champion to the centennial Feast of Blades, and are the only Chapter to have won on two consecutive occasions. A number of decades before the end of M41 a group of Iron Knights turned to Chaos. The Chapter voluntarily began a penitent crusade to bring them to justice.
The Iron Knights' homeworld, Seheris (See Canon Conflict), is composed of harsh deserts and plains, divided between multiple tribes. As a Chapter, the Iron Knights treat War as a Sport, taking pride in testing their skills in harsh environments and pitting themselves against the most dangerous flora and fauna a planet has to offer as well as the various enemies of mankind. 
- The War of the Beast. Responded to the call by the Imperial Fists for all Successor Chapters to move on the Sol System. During the conflict, the Iron Knights contributed a portion of their strength to rebuild the Imperial Fists.
- Tower of Blood. Commander Goedendag Morningstar sealed a warp rift on Minea.
- Thirteenth Black Crusade. The Iron Knights fielded one company against the forces of Chaos in this campaign. They initially fought in the trenches of Amistel Majoris alongside the Howling Griffons Chapter against the Death Guard Traitor Legion. By the third week of the crusade the planet was deemed secure enough that some of the Space Marines stationed there were redeployed to the Cadian system.
- Constantinus Iconoclasm - The Iron Knights led a 13 year crusade to reconquer the worlds taken by Constantinus.
- Thrassos Disaster
- Malfons - Chapter Master, killed during the War of the Beast
- Pugilis - Commander. See also his quote.
- Verpall - First Captain during the War of the Beast. Succeeds Malfons
- Hervald Strom - the champion of the Iron Knights, and the only Space Marine to win two consecutive victories in the Feast of Blades.
- Cadulon - Company Champion
- Storn - Became a member of the Imperial Fists
- 1: Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook, pg. 132
- 2: Codex: Eye of Terror, pg. 16
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 27
- 4: White Dwarf 286 (UK), pg. 67
- 5: Tower of Blood (Short Story) by Tony Ballantyne
- 6: Phalanx (Novel) by Ben Counter Chapter Six
- 7: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition) pg.24
- 8: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 89
- 9: Throneworld (Novel) Chapter 5
- 10: Shadow of Ullanor (Novel) Chapter 3