|This article is about the Deathwatch unit, for the Novel by Gav Thorpe see Kill Team (Novel)|
These Teams are organized to hunt down and kill Xenos and consist of Battle-Brothers from many different Chapters. The basic organizational structure of a Kill-Team consists of one Captain and between four and nine Deathwatch Marines. Deathwatch officers invariably choose their members of their Kill Team in order to draw on as much relevant experience as possible. With different Chapters having long-standing specializations, it is easy to identify those who will have the most relevant insights in a given circumstance. Long-standing rivalries between certain chapter,s such as the Dark Angels and Space Wolves, can effect the capabilities of Kill-Teams but more often than not members of these squads will eventually establish bonds of firm friendship.
Types of Kill Teams
- Aquila Kill Team - Standard Kill-Team meant to handle any eventuality[3a]
- Furor Kill Team - Terminator-equipped shock assault force[3a]
- Venator Kill Team - Fast-attack and encirclement force equipped with bikes and Terminators or heavy weapon-equipped Space Marines[3a]
- Dominatus Kill Team - Airborne assault force equipped with Assault Marines[3a]
- Malleus Kill Team - Close combat force equipped with Thunder Hammers, Power Weapons, and Storm Shields[3a]
Their Team is most commonly armed with Bolters and Heavy Bolters equipped with Hellfire Rounds, but Meltagun, Flamers, and Plasma Guns are also known to be utilized. Librarians are known to sometimes attach themselves to Kill-Teams.
Notable Kill Teams
- 1: White Dwarf #306, pg. 30
- 2: Chapter Approved 2003 pg.75
- 3: Codex: Deathwatch (7th Edition) - The Ties that Bond
- 3a: Forces of the Deathwatch