| Attention Adept of the LEXICANUM!
This article is being created or revised.
Lasguns are reliable, easy to maintain and produce, and are readily available on most Imperial worlds. They have longer range and higher ammunition capacity than a Laspistol (the laspistol power packs having roughly 80 shots before depletion, compared to roughly 150 shots for a lasgun), but are nowhere near as powerful as a Lascannon. They also lack the rapid-fire quality of the Multi-laser or the Hellgun.
The lasgun uses the same basic technology and operates along the same lines as other laser weapons, emitting a beam of focused light. The high amount of energy in the beam causes the immediate surface area of a target to be vaporized in a small explosion. It is a relatively unimpressive weapon when compared to other weapons in the Imperium, but is still capable of cleanly severing limbs or piercing the power armour of a Space Marine (but only through a vulnerable spot in the armour). Most designs have iron sights mounted along the top of the weapon. It is powered by a small, rechargeable power pack located beneath the weapon, in front of the trigger guard. The pack can be recharged in many ways, including sunlight. It can also be "overcharged," a trick used by Guard veterans that causes the pack to explode, turning the weapon into a makeshift grenade. This tactic is only used in last-ditch situations, as it results in the destruction of the weapon. The resultant explosion, however, is powerful enough to crack open the frontal armor of a Chaos Dreadnought.[3a] Lasguns have several lethality settings that adjust the damage of each shot in order to conserve power (weaker settings use less energy) or disable rather than kill a target. The weapon can also be fitted with a "Hotshot" pack, providing more powerful but less numerous shots.
The Lascarbine is a lighter, cut-down version of the Lasgun that is easier to carry and aim. It is easier to fire from one hand, and often will have a folding stock. But in exchange, a Lascarbine has fewer shots and shorter range than a Lasgun.
M35 M-Galaxy Short pattern
The M35 M-Galaxy Short pattern is the standard variant of lasgun
- Weight: 2.3kg
- Length: 900 millimetres
- Magazine Type: 19 megathule range (rechargable)
- Type of Fire: Single shot or fully automatic
- Rate of Fire (cyclic): 220 shots per minute
- Shot Intensity: low to high
- Sights: adjustable, back and front sights with optional laser sight/integral optics
M35 Galaxy Lasgun components
Kantrael pattern M36 lasrifle
Kantrael MG 'Short' pattern
Kantrael MG 'Short' pattern дasgun
Mk 4 'Catachan' lascarbine
Lucius pattern no. 98
The Lucius pattern no. 98 is the standard variant for the Death Korps of Krieg.
Lucius pattern no. 98 lasgun[3b]
Mars pattern lasgun
Voss pattern lasgun
Triplex Phall M-Galaxy pattern
Triplex Phall M-Galaxy pattern lasgun[16b]
Accatran pattern MkIV
The Accatran pattern MkIV is the standard variant for the Elysian Drop Troops.
Accatran pattern MkIV lasgun
Accatran pattern MkIVe
The Accatran pattern MkIVe is used by the Elysian Drop Troops.
Accatran pattern MkIVe lasgun
Merovech pattern assault lasgun
Merovech pattern assault lasgun is designed purely for close range assaults. It is heavily reinforced and has a bayonet built into its short and heavy frame. Slots for two power packs are included so the gun can switch to a fresh pack with no reloading. Since the firefights it’s designed for are typically over long before two packs are exhausted, it serves its design perfectly.
Merovech pattern assault lasgun
Vostroya Pattern Lasgun
Fractrix pattern assault laser
The Fractrix pattern assault laser is produced by Forge World Fractrix. Capable of firing five shots per second it uses twin power packs allowing for fifteen seconds of continuous fire. It is also fitted with a multiple target designation range-finder able to detect heat patterns and a safety located above the trigger guard which controls power to the gun and optical array. While the weapon is very reliable its focus prism requires replacement after every thousand shots, a process which requires a Tech-priest to perform and greatly limits its utility during extended firefights. Adept Gudmanz of the 13th Penal Legion once oversaw the assembly lines which produced these weapons until his conviction.
|Portable||Las Gauntlets • Laspistol • Lasgun • Long-Las • Hellpistol • Hellgun|
|Heavy||Multi-laser • Lascannon • Laser Destroyer • Volcano cannon • Turbo-laser Destructor|
|Eldar||Mandiblaster • Lasblaster • Laser Lance • Scatter Laser • Bright Lance • Pulsar|
|Ork||Deffgun • Zzappas • Gaze of Mork|
- 1: Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition Rulebook, pg. 61
- 2: Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 38
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Five - The Siege of Vraks - Part One
- 4: Imperial Munitorum Manual (Background Book) by Graham McNeill, pgs. 61-62
- 5: The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, pg. 19
- 6: Ghostmaker (Novel) by Dan Abnett, pg. 295
- 7: Into the Storm, pg. 111
- 8: Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, pg. 109
- 9: Imperial Armour Volume Eleven - The Doom of Mymeara, pg. 101
- 10: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 55
- 11: Rogue Trader Rulebook, pgs. 119-120
- 12: Inquisitor laser weapons pack
- 13: FW Website Tallarn lascannon team
- 14: Specialist Games Catalogue, pg. 14
- 15: Warhammer 40,000 4th Edition Rulebook, pg. 34
- 16: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex)
- 17: Imperial Armour Volume Eleven - The Doom of Mymeara, pg. 79
- 18: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear (2nd Edition), pg. 26
- 19: 'Ere We Go: Orks in Warhammer 40,000, pgs. 196-197
- 20: Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel-Novem, pg. 92
- 21: Rogue Trader: Into the Storm, pg. 111
- 22: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 55
- 23: GW Website Imperial Guard Steel Legion Squad
- 24: White Dwarf 317 pg.53
- 25: 13th Legion (Novel) - Last Chancers (Novel Series) by Gavin Thorpe, Ch. 7, pg. 239-240
|Melee Weapons||Chainsword • Combat Knife • Hunting Lance • Power Weapon|
|One-Handed Weapons||Bolt Pistol • Laspistol • Hellpistol • Hotshot Laspistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Two-Handed Weapons||Lasgun • Flamer • Grenade Launcher • Hellgun • Hotshot Lasgun • Lascarbine • Long-Las • Meltagun • Plasma Gun • Shotgun • Sniper Rifle|
|Heavy Weapons||Autocannon • Heavy Bolter • Heavy Flamer • Heavy Stubber • Lascannon • Missile Launcher • Mortar • Ripper Gun|
|Grenades||Frag Grenade • Krak Grenade • Melta Bomb|