|Ambiguous Term? This article is about the Titan Legion. For other uses of Crucius, see Crucius (disambiguation).|
|Ambiguous Term? This article is about the Titan Legion. For other uses of Warmongers, see Warmongers (disambiguation).|
|Colour Scheme||Info||Legion Symbol|
|Alternative name:||Warmongers [1a]|
|Founded:||Unknown - said to be pre-Great Crusade [1a]|
|Forge World:||Ryza [1a]|
|Colours:||Black & White [1b]|
The Legio Crucius (Low Gothic: Warmongers) are a Titan Legion based on the Forge World of Ryza. They are one of the most well-equipped Titan Legions and maintain a garrison on several Forge Worlds and Adeptus Mechanicus outposts allied to Ryza, including Angstrom in the Maelstrom Zone. They have a reputation as brutal city-breakers and world burners.[1a]
Due to their allegiance with Angstrom, the Legio Crucius fought in the later stages of the Badab War. Fifteen Titans were deployed on Badab during the siege, commanded by High Princeps Cadmon Krom. Despite heavy resistance the Legio lost only three Titans, two of which were recovered during the chaotic retreat from the planet.[1a]
Third War for Armageddon
The Legio Crucius was one of the Titan Legions to fight in the Third War for Armageddon. Two weeks after the first Ork landings the Legio clashed with two Gargant mobs commanded by Warlord Burzuruk and Warlord Skarfang over control of the Diabolus Complex. After ten days of fighting 6 Titans, 8 Gargants and much of the Complex were destroyed. Many of the surviving warmachines needed months of repair before they could be deemed battle-worthy again.
Battle of Ryza
Defense of Hive World Kado
The Legio took heavy losses defending the capital Hive of Kado, from the forces of Chaos; when a hundred Slaanesh Hell-Knights infiltrated the Hive and attacked them from behind. Among the Titans destroyed was the Imperator Praeco Deictus.
- Praeco Deictus Imperator Titan - Destroyed during the defense of Hive World Kado.
- Paragon of Terra Imperator Titan - Piloted by Princeps Etana Kalonice. Destroyed by traitorous Knights of House Devine during the Battle of Molech.
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume Ten - The Badab War - Part Two
- 2: The 3rd War for Armageddon (saved archive page, dated Dec 2014, last accessed 6 August 2015)
- 3: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 202
- 4: White Dwarf 190 (UK), pg. 29
- 5: Vengeful Spirit (Novel)