A Lightning Claw is a specialized type of Power Weapon.
It consists of a power gauntlet and four blades that crackle with matter-disruptive energy. These blades are the equivalent of small power weapons which carve through armour and flesh with ease. They are most commonly used by Space Marine Terminator Assault Squads; the entire squad can be armed with them, but can also be used by anyone with access to the armoury. Lightning Claws are generally worn as a pair, and are also used by Daemonhunters and Chaos Space Marines.[Needs Citation]
The Space Wolves operate their own unique pattern of Lightning Claws built on Fenris. Known as Wolf Claws, the blades of each wolf claw are enchanted by powerful runes to further augment their destructive potential.
Famous Lightning Claws
- The Raven's Talons are a pair of Lightning Claws which are said to have been personally crafted by Corax on Deliverance after the Isstvan V massacre. They are currently wielded by Kayvaan Shrike, Shadow Captain of the Raven Guard's 3rd Company.[Needs Citation]
- The Talon of Horus is a Lightning Claw with a built-in Storm Bolter, said to have been wielded by Horus himself during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy. It is now wielded by Abaddon the Despoiler.[Needs Citation]
- Mercy and Forgiveness - The Lightning Claws of Primarch Konrad Curze
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 101
- 2: Codex: Space Wolves (7th Edition) - Wargear of the Fang
|Melee Weapons||Chainsword • Chainfist • Combat Knife • Force weapon • Lightning Claw • Power axe • Power fist • Power sword • Power Maul • Thunder hammer|
|One-Handed Weapons||Bolt pistol • Hand flamer • Plasma pistol • Inferno Pistol|
|Two-Handed Weapons||Bolter • Combi-weapon • Flamer • Meltagun • Plasma gun • Grav-gun • Shotgun • Sniper rifle • Storm bolter|
|Heavy Weapons||Assault cannon • Autocannon • Heavy bolter • Heavy flamer • Lascannon • Missile launcher • Multi-melta • Plasma cannon|
|Grenades||Frag grenade • Krak grenade • Melta bomb|