Lo Chang is a Chaplain of the Imperial Fists. Lo Chang's face bears crater-like scars from when his helmet failed him in battle. The scars themselves are severe and resemble the craters on the surface of the moon.[1a]
Details concerning Lo Chang's rank and company attachment are not explicitly stated, but he appeared beside Chapter Master Pugh and First Captain Lysander to administer the oath to the God-Emperor to neophyte Scouts, which implies that he is the Chapter's Master of Sanctity. Similarly, he lectures to neophytes on the subjects of Rogal Dorn, Imperial History, and the history and culture of the Chapter.[1a]
When preaching, Chaplain Lo Chang is often swept away in ecstasy and is capable of inspiring battle-brothers to ever-greater deeds and to embody true sons of Dorn evermore.
- “We of the Adeptus Astartes shun genetic deviants, do we not? For the mutant is the melter of Mankind into misshapenness! Whereas we are Mankind Plus, the perfected ideal, are we not?"[1b]
- "Oh Dorn, dawn of our being, be with us, illuminate us."
- "Let Dorn’s light flush away the deathly darkness.”[1c]
- 1: Space Marine (Novel) by Ian Watson:
- 2: Sons of Dorn (Novel) by Chris Roberson: Chapter Seven, pp. 197-198
- 3: Index Astartes II: Imperial Fists, p. 14