Lord of Skulls
Wrought only by the most skilled Warpsmiths with the bound spirit of a Bloodthirster, the engines of this towering contraption are powered by the boiling blood of murderers. Lords of Skulls are built in hell forges with the sole purpose of annihilating its enemies. Given its status as a prison of Bloodthirsters, Lord of Skulls are often worshiped by accompanying Daemons who will stack gathered corpses and skulls atop the engine during battle. Though it is considered as the incarceration by most of Bloodthirsters, still there are few of them (mostly from the eight rank) who consider the Lord of Skulls like a suit of armour within which they may unleash war on the denizens of realspace.
Lords of Skulls are armed with a variety of heavy weapons, such as a gigantic Great Cleaver of Khorne mounted on its right arm and a Skullhurler or Hades Gatling Gun on its left. Long-range weapons include a chest-mounted Ichor Cannon, Daemongore Cannon, or Gorestorm Cannon.
Known Named Lords of Skulls
- Gartoth the Annihilator - one of the Trinity of Blood group. Took part in the attack of the Butcherhorde on the planet of Amethal.
- Xu'Kul of the Eighth Reaping - one of the Trinity of Blood group. Took part in the attack of the Butcherhorde on the planet of Amethal.
- Azagor, Ruin of Worlds - one of the Trinity of Blood group. Took part in the attack of the Butcherhorde on the planet of Amethal.
- 1: Games Workshop (last accessed 11 September 2015)
- 2: White Dwarf 403 (UK) - Khorne Lord of Skulls
- 3: Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (7th Edition), Lords of Skulls
- 4: Black Crusade: Traitor's Hate, pg. 58
- 5: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (8th Edition) pg. 79