The macro cannon are a type of Macroweapon and the largest form of auto-weaponry, much heavier even than the autocannon. Standard ground-based Macrocannons fire massive and explosive shells at a maximum range of around 40 km. Although it is possible to mount them on heavy vehicles, they are more suited for use in emplacements and static defence due to their considerable size and potency.
- Aquilla Macro-Cannon - Heavy ground-based defensive battery.
- Stygis-pattern Macrocanon: Fires heavy shells that contain an adamantium core that cuts through the heaviest armor.
- Disruption Macrocannon: Fires a shell of highly charged, ionized deuterium atoms. They cause minimal physical damage to their targets, instead they overload and shut down electronic systems throughout the vessel. They are useful for capturing prey intact.
- Hecutor Plasma Macrocannon: An ancient variant of the plasma macroweaponry that refocuses the power of the plasma blast, concentrating it into photonic packets that can be fired over long distances. They are equipped to only the oldest vessels, and as a result many are found on Chaos Space Marine ships lost to many millennia ago.
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, pg. 87
- 2: Rogue Trader Core Rulebook, [Needs Citation]
- 3: Imperial Armour - Apocalypse (2013) (E-Book), pg.266
- 4: Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus pg.34-35
|Slug-Throwers||Stub gun • Hand Cannon • Stub Rifle • Heavy stubber • Shotgun • Ripper Gun|
|Auto Weapons||Autopistol • Autogun • Autocannon • Assault cannon • Macro cannon|
|Ork||Grot Blasta • Slugga • Shoota • Big Shoota • Supa-Gatler • Gigashoota|
|Eldar||Shuriken Weaponry • Shrieker Cannon • Death Spinner • Shadow Weaver|
|Dark Eldar||Splinter Pistol • Splinter Rifle • Splinter Cannon|
|Tau&Kroot||Kroot Bolt Thrower • Kroot rifle • Kroot hunting rifle • Kroot gun • Rail Rifle • Railgun|