The Marines Malevolent are a Space Marine Chapter.
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
They have an arrogance about them that has brought many requests for Inquisitorial investigation. An example of this was during an Ork attack on a refugee camp near Hades Hive. In excess of five thousand Orks penetrated the defences of the camp and took the entire population, over 12,000 refugees and nearly 1,000 member of the Adeptus Ministorum as hostages. The Marines Malevolent proceeded to use their Whirlwind anti-personal artillery pieces to bombard the Orks while they were still in the camp. On the proceeding attack to retake the camp, a huge amount of collateral damage had been done to the camp's population. Nearly four thousand refugees had been killed, but the Marines Malevolent seemed to believe them to be acceptable casualties. In a conversation with Colonel Destrier Celestine of the Armageddon Command Guard, the Marines Malevolent Captain Vinyar gave a speech that was tantamount to saying that those in the camp were not worthy of living and about his force's supremacy in war, before turning round to face the Salamanders Chapter Master Tu'Shan, who verbally rebuked Vinyard on his chapter's actions, saying they had betrayed those they were sworn to protect .
Notable Marines Malevolent
- Captain Vinyar - Company Captain and commander of the Chapter vessel Purgatory.
- Sergeant Lorkar - A sergeant of a Squad on resupply duties on Archimedes Rex, abandoned Mechanicus vessel.
- 1: Armageddon Website - Details of the Third War for Armageddon Worldwide Campaign
- 2: Index Astartes: "Emperor's Shield" (White Dwarf 249 (UK))
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 47
- 4: Salamander (Novel), [Needs Citation]