Master of the Administratum
The Master of the Administratum is the title of the head of the Administratum. The holder of the rank also holds a position on the High Lords of Terra. Among the High Lords this rank is the most powerful. The Master of the Administratum is also one of the the key directors of the Departmento Munitorum. Accordingly, the holder of this rank is probably the single most politically powerful and influential man in the galaxy. He is known as the primus inter pares, the first among equals on the Senatorum Imperialis.
The title, however, is purely nominal. As a High Lord, he has no time to devote to the Administratum, and no duties beyond the occasional ceremonial appearance.
Following the formation of the High Lords of Terra, the Master of the Administratum emerged as the most powerful of the High Lords. This status was challenged by the emergence of the Ecclesiarch as a permanent member of the High Lords, starting the Age of Apostasy. Following the rise of Goge Vandire as Master of the Administratum, his use of assassins and manipulation of Ecclesiarch Paulis III allowed him to assume a dominant role among the High Lords. This was further strengthened when he assumed the post of Ecclesiarch. Following his death at the hands of Alicia Dominica, the Ecclesiarch lost many of its original powers, and the Master of the Administratum reemerged as the dominant High Lord.
After Taros was declared Ex Imperius Rebellis, the Master of the Administratum signed a document that declared Planetary Governor Aulis a traitor and listed over 100 crimes of which he was guilty that were punishable by death.
Known Masters of the Administratum
- Simion Pentasian - Master during the Horus Heresy
- Tobris Ekharth - Master during the War of the Beast
- Goge Vandire - Master during the Age of Apostasy
- Irthu Haemotalion - Master during the 13th Black Crusade
- 1: Codex Imperialis (1993), by Rick Priestley, pp. 14,48
- 2: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition)
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Three - The Taros Campaign, pg. 31
- 4: Imperial Munitorum Manual (Background Book) pg.11
- 5: The Binary Succession (Audio Drama)
- 6: Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion (Novel) Chapter 2