Melta Guns are the basic version of Melta weapons, used by forces of Imperial origin, including the Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Ordo Hereticus and Adepta Sororitas. Given their fairly quiet and very effective nature, infiltrating parties make use of meltaguns to destroy enemy vehicles before they get a chance to fight on the battlefield. They are also given names such as 'fusion guns', 'melters' and 'cookers'.
Meltaguns are effective anti-armour weapons, used by various Imperial forces for close range assault and anti-tank roles. They are most effective at close-range, capable of reducing nearly any material to molten slag through super-heated blasts.
Known and Mentioned Meltagun Production Sites and Patterns
- Ultima Pattern; 'Tank Killer'
- Assault Pattern
- Accataran Pattern MkVIII - Used by Elysian Drop Troops
- Conflagration Meltagun
Famous meltagun Users
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Four - The Anphelion Project pg.136
- 3: Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition)
- 4: Specialist Games Catalogue, pg. 107
- 5: Warhammer 40,000 4th Edition Rulebook, pg. 34
- 6: Imperial Armour Volume Five - The Siege of Vraks - Part One, pg. 95
- 7: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear (2nd Edition), pg. 26
- 8: Imperial Armour Volume Eleven - The Doom of Mymeara, pg. 101
- 9: GW Website Imperial Guard Cadian with Plasma Gun and Meltagun
- 10: GW Website Imperial Guard Catachan Assault Weapons
- 11: GW Website
- 12: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition) pg.98-99
|Portable||Inferno Pistol • Combi-Melta • Meltagun • Thermal Lance|
|Heavy||Multi-melta • Melta Cannon • Magna-Melta • Titan Melta Cannon|
|Eldar||Fusion Pistol • Fusion Gun • Fire Pike|
|Other||Deffgun • Fusion Blaster • Fusion Cascade • Heat Ray • Heat Cannon|